Thursday, April 25, 2013

Was Looking Back In Summer 2009, Still Looking For Marco Bacci , Owner Of CASTELLO DI BOSSI Chianti Classico Producer In Tuscany, Italy

... ... I had the pleasure of going to meet my daughter in Italy for a fast week's vacation in late October 2009. She told me that it could not all be about wine. I took that to heart. I wanted her to be happy there and for it to be a very positive experience for us and one that would bring us even closer together and keep strong our bond. So I started to work on this project that was mine to set up with an itinerary and all. I started in the early summer of 2009 I believe. I looked through all my guest books where the owners and the winemakers that had visited me here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwines.com ) had signed and left their business cards. ... ... Marco Bacci had signed our book as he had come on several times already to the store as he looked both for a good wholesaler and good distribution of his wines. I met him with three different wholesalers I believe? I have pictures, too and need to scan them into my computer because many of them were before digital pictures became really easy and abundant. I was thinking of this as I was driving to work as a matter of fact. ... ... On one of Marco's last visits he was surprised and very sorry to hear that I had not received yet a copy of his book of his estate CASTELLO DI BOSSI that he himself had taken many of the photographs. True to his promise to send me a copy I did receive it here in the mail shortly after his visit. Prego Marco! I love it, it's a real work of art. It's written in Italian and before my visit to Italy to meet my daughter I took it upon myself to sit in my living room and to read it and try and understand as much as I could. I loved the experience and I gained much and profited from this experience ... ... Now that I have news that my son will go to study Italian and other things in Florence, Italy this coming fall of 2013 I am interested in possibly seeing you on this trip Marco? I will contact you again and hope for better luck this time. ... ... I will contact my rep Jody Jackman and inquire about your current vintages with them of the CASTELLO chianti Classico as we are out completely and our customres like it very much. I will continue this blog but will post it now " as is " and hope that all is well with you Marco and that I may be able to hear from you in the not-too-distant future? Cheers to you and to your family. A presto, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn ... ... It's a beautiful Thursday here now in Washington D.C. 20008 on this 25th of April. Good time to drink some of the CASTELLO DI BOSSI! TONY

No comments: