Saturday, June 11, 2011

At The Michael Downey Annual Portfolio Wine-Tasting 2009 I Met Estebe Tasting His Tradewinds Spanish Portfolio



Funny, I may not have even have met you at this tasting Estebe? I may have simply snapped this picture? And yet I may also have tasted them quickly with you? I probably simply snapped the picture because I was trying to see all the Italian owners/wine-,makers there that Brennan, Shannon and Peggy Downey specialize in. That was my plan, I remember : it's my plan every time that I go to these tastings now held annually in March I believe each year at the Hendry House in north Arlington. So I apologize for this now years later.

You did come by after the wine-tasting with Brennan Downey here to our store here in Clevelend Park N.W. Washington D.C. 2008 ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Wash. D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwine.com, on Facebook at : Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits, also on Twitter at : cpwinespirits ). The rest is history as you know Estebe.

You are no longer with Estebe and Tradewinds Speciality Imports, LLC Washington D.C. But Estebe you keep coming by to sell to us all the time. You also have done many wine-tastings here on the weekends with our customers. We have sold a whole lot of your wines and are now working hard on M/M Munia from Toro ( we have the Roble 2008, $17.99 on the shelf now ), Spain , TERRAPLEN ( we have the dry rose Garnacha Navarra 2010 at $10.99 on our shelf ), the BARON LADRON De GUEVARA ( the 2007 Crianza 2007 On Special for $19.99 Rioja is on our shelves ) : and the excellent dry rose and regular brut cava sparkling wines of ROSSIGNOL De Moragas ( $18.99 and $19.99 respectively ) are on our shelves now.
It's fun : the wines are well-made , well-balanced wines that are more in the traditional manner of wine-making and they are often better with a meal than all by themselves.

Estebe is doing his part. Thanks Estebe. See you soon as I know you will coming by anytime now. Cheers e hasta luego amigo! TONY

No comments: