Saturday, March 5, 2011

Enjoying FUZELO Vinho Verde From Portugal On Our Home Deck In Northern Virginia : Many Requests 4/2/2011: Thinking Of Jed Steele's CA. Wines, Too!



It's too cold for Vinho Verdes and yest this past week ( the last few days of March 2011 and the first days of May, 2011 ) at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits we have had many requests for some Vinho Verdes from Portugal. How come?!? It's still really cold outside and until today, May 3rd, 2011 it has been dreary, gray, wet and damp and cold and rainy with some sleet and even some snow and simply not the weather that I think of at all for a dry, slightly sparkling Vinho Verde of only 9% alcohol.

I showed everyone the " other " dry Portuguese wines that are around 12% alcohol and told them that these wines were much better suited for this colder and damp and gray weather. I also told them that we would be getting our Vinho Verde shipments to the store starting this coming week. We will, can't be out when you hear the men telling you that their wives really like it, that Vinho Verdes are their favorite wines! Have to listen to that, really we do.




I like Vinho Verdes as do my wife and my daughter and I can in my mind already see us enjoying some as things warm up as they are supposed to tomorrow, Monday May 4th, 2011 here in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. It's my day-off and I will have to serve something like a Vinho Verde to get us all " in the Mood " and ready for the " warmer - friendlier " side of spring. It's been just a tad - wee bit miserable for these first fifteen official days of spring so far with practically everyone noticing and what's more complaining about this dreary reality! What can anyone do : grin and bear and wear it unfortunately.

These pictures I think I took last August when I was still off from work on the two week's that I took at one time. It sure was heaven for me : look at my sheepish grin?!




It's always nice to cheer each other and the weather and the good fortunes that we have with our health and our family all being together like this.




I was the one in the photos here for a change. That doesn't happen very often and I guess I was taken by surprise. A new role for me : being on the other side of the camera for a change.




I have worn these Jed Steele t-shirts now for years proudly. Jed sends them to me pretty much each year with a magnum of one of his latest releases and I love it. What a personal touch it all is and it's fun to see what he is always making. It's always something " new " with him and it's often a real treat to taste what unique and fun grapes he has chosen to work with. Good work Jed : I love your spirit of experimentation. You go where many don't and I really do appreciate you and your wines for that. It always gives us a " new " taste and sensation and always something out of the ordinary to draw attention to as we tell the story of the origins of the grape and as we taste them under your particular bend and style that you lend to them. Keep it up : it will always keep you fresh and on the cutting edge.

It's about time that my family and I drink some more Jed Steele California wines as well as some of the FUZELO Portuguese low alcohol, slightly sparkling dry FUZELO Vinho Verde, too! Cheers, TONY

No comments: