Sunday, March 13, 2011

Enjoying A Barrel-Sample Of 2010 Der Rose BENDER Qualitatswein Pfalz Sunday Night, Mar. 13th, 2011 W ith My Wife In N. Virginia On A Beautiful Day ...



What a treat this is to be here now sipping some of the BENDER German Pfalz dry 2010 barrel-sample of their rose. It's excellent : both Greg Seibert and I thought so on Thursday evening was it ( or was it Friday evening ? ) when our Cobblestone rep Chris Bartha brought it by with five or so other dry roses? Anyway, we really liked it then and I picked up the phone and ordered some of it with three others, too I believe. We will get them all in April 2011 I think and it will be a perfect time for them as they are all quite different and yet all balanced and flavorful and a nice treat with and without food in some cases.

We sell lots of roses at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel: 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com , also on Face Book at : Cleveland Park Wine & Spirits , also on Twitter at : cpwinespirits ) and have for the eleven years that I have managed the wine department there in Cleveland Park N.W. a great neighborhood of Washington D.C. with people from all around the world. I love it, I love always selling to people from the different corners of the world.

This BENDER dry rose from Germany's Falz region ( AP Nr. 3 529 468 017, enthait Sulfite, Abfuller : A. Bender Maximinstrabe2, d-54340 Leiwen, in D- 76835 Hainfeld, bender-wine.com ) is charming, very full and thick and bright and round and soft and about as pleasing as any taste can be. It's so much pleasure and flavor wrapped around my palate and covering all of my tongue that I really love it. I loved it from the very first taste earlier this evening when my wife and I were sitting up on our couch in our living room before serving our dinner. It was ready and there we were for a few minutes having a few sips before sitting down at our dining room table. It was a very nice moment and we both really enjoyed this sample before our meal.

My wife did not know it but this bottle has already been open a couple of days and it's still a pure delight. It has changed since Greg Seibert and I tried it a couple of evening's ago. It was more restrained and more compact then. It was not as open or round or generous. It was still delicious but it was simply not as forward and broad in all it's flavors yet. It was hard to know then that it would be this tasty two days old. Who would have thought? Who would have known? And yet this is good - it is really good. It means that it may be enjoyed over the course of at least three days.

Even now as I type this quickly and sip occasionally it is still delicious and pleasing and all the registers on my palate as still touched and tasty and pleasing. I still am really enjoying this experience and it is two hours or more after our dinner and it has perhaps diminished some but not to any level that it is not still really pleasing. Bravo BENDER - you have a real treasure here for this spring and this summer's enjoyment.

It will sell fro I believe under $20 a bottle but I cannot remember the exact price now and the prices are in our office at work. I will include that bit later. In the meantime I will post this as it has really added to the enjoyment on our dinner and my enjoyment of some music on my i-pod Apple that my son downloaded for me years ago and has added to ever since. Thanks son, I appreciate that. I will finish the last bit now still in my glass and I look forward to our order coming to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits in April.

It's been a beautiful Sunday here in northern Virginia today and I have spent a lot of it outside working on our backyard. It's been a haul with so many leaves and cut ornamental grass. The BENDER was a nice treat after all of this. Thanks Chris and thanks BENDER. Cheers, TONY

No comments: