Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Two Great Articles : " The Message In A Bottle " / " The Singapore Sling, In Dire Straights " 2/2/10 Dave McIntyre-Jason Wilson In Wash Post




I was just blown away by these two articles that I read in today's Washington Post newspaper ( yes, the actual newspaper printed copy that I receive here at home in northern Virginia - I love it! something to actually hold in my two hands! Imagine that or hold that!! ) of Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011 - in the Food section.

I read the wine-article first because I am in the wine business. I always like to read Dave McIntyre's articles as he often covers things that I am quite passionate about myself and for the most part I like what I read from him. The things I do not like I would be willing as I once told him to tell him face-to-face and not put into print as it is always best to have an open dialogue between two people - face-to-face. Come see me anytime Dave. It's always nice to see you at any time.

But this article is about praise and I want to quickly heap some on both Dave McIntyre and on Jason Wilson that wrote the article titled : " The Singapore Sling, In Dire Straits ". They were both well-researched and informative. They both had lots of really good information and I liked them both tremendously. I highly recommend that every one go and buy a copy of today's Washington Post newspaper and read them from start to finish - don't skim them, read them both and absorb them.

I loved that Dave you listed all the ways that a bottle of wine communicates with us / that there is both a message in a bottle as well as on a bottle. Your points were all excellent and I was glad to see them in a list form like this which brought them together nicely and reminded me again of very important facts and correlations and bits of the puzzle that are invaluable really in the eventual enjoyment and experimentation with any bottle of wine. Bravo and thanks.

Jason, your article was more an exploration and a story and a fact-finding made fun and interesting and intriguing and I loved it, really I did as your research and experimentation paid off with grand dividends because you kept at it until the end and now you may have just added something invaluable to the mixed-drink category once again that will enrich the lives of many. Thanks and good work to you, too.

Cheers to both you Dave and to you Jason, impressive efforts on both your parts. TONY


I could say more but the best thing you all can do is to read both articles.

By the way we have the " Le Chapeau " Cuvee Napoleon Pinot Noir ( $8.99 ) at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com on Facebook at : cleveland park wine & spirits and now on Twitter at : cpwinespirits ). Call or come by and check us out when you get a chance.

Happy Ground Hog Day today by the way!

No comments: