Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December Sat. 4th Big Theme BUBBLY-Tasting, 2010 French Cremant Du Jura "Indigene " Of Andre Et Mireille Tissot, A Tom Calder Selection ...

Tasted By Susan Our Tom Calder Rep With 29 Other Bubblies ... this headline should finish.


It was a great sparkling wine-bubbly In-Store BIG-THEME Tasting : our annual bubbly-champagne tasting and the most successful of the entire year for us at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com also now on Facebook at : clevelandparkwines&spirits, too ).

I included Susan at the last minute : she had some French sparkling- mousseux wines from the Tom Calder Selections portfolio that I simply could not afford not to include to make our Annual Bubbly Tasting as exciting and as original as possible.




These pictures are taken at home as at the very end of the tasting I found Susan up front with a friend of hers and some customers still tasting as she tried valiantly but with difficulty to get out our front door. Our customers love these bubbly tastings of ours and are reluctant for them to ever come to an end!

I tasted quickly with her and she offered to leave me some of the bubbly which I gladly accepted and I took them home later that evening to share with mu wife and whoever else might be around or show up and would enjoy a taste or two?!? You never know : always best to be prepared.




This Cremanr Du Jura " Indigene " from Mireille et Andre Tissot was quite unique in almost every way and perhaps represented the most unique/ least-tampered-by-man-with-bubbly of the tasting with minuscule production and everything done possibly to maintain it's exact character without the introduction of other elements as in " other " yeasts, etcetera.




It was quite dry and quite complex and with a lot of mineral and unique character with a strong finish, too. I liked it each time that I tasted it and kept saying to myself that with the proper food it would be magnificent.

I cannot remember all the details and so will ask you both Susan and Tom to fill them in here at the end of this blog entry on the " comment " section. That will be very useful and will give all the details necessary to make our customers come to the store in search of it as for me it is a " must try " for anyone really wanting to discover the purity, integrity, origins and the core of a bubbly that has been allowed to be itself fully with little intervention as possible from man.

Cheers and Happy New Year : May 2011 be grand and may we all move along further on this grand road that we all call life. A plus tard et s'il te plait Tom demande au vignerons d'ecrire quelque choses ici aussi. Merci et Bonne Annee a tous, TONY

This is an update :

Ruth called me this past Saturday January 12th, 2014 at the store wanting some dry Provence French pale and delicate rose for her bouillabaisse recipe for this weekend with friends. I  put her on hold while I went to see what I had? We both were in luck as I had three bottles of a  Tom Calder selection dry rose that had just the right pale color and was $16.99 a bottle I believe that I got through Potomac Wine Selections. Tom was a writer and moved to Paris, France to continue that as well as to enjoy being in France. He left his job as the wine-buyer at Wagshalls here in Washington D.C. where Pam The Butcher moved to work at once leaving Brookville Market. This should work really well Ruth. You will have to let me know? You have shopped with us now for many years. You know Sidney Moore Margolis the old owner of the Mayflower Wines & Spirits where I worked once with Sidney. I miss her. She, too was a customer at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. Let me know how the wine worked from Tom so that I may pass it on to Tom. Cheers,  Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn  Happy New Year Ruth and Tom!  It's now a nice , warmer , drier, half clouds and blue skies day here in northern Virginia on my day-off, 1/13/14

Sante Tom et Susan, hope you both are well!   TONY  1/1/3/14

No comments: