Wednesday, December 29, 2010

December 27th, 2010 : My Drive Into Washington D.C. To Work & Then My B-Day Dinner W / My Family @ Lavandou Restaurant Later



Celebrating my birthday as well as that of my daughter's on December 27th, 2011 in Washington D.C. at Lavandou restaurant with my wife and son as well. What a great treat this was and I also had to work on this day and so I took some pictures before arriving to work which I have interspersed here with those at Lavandou.

Florence the owner was there to greet us as was her new French sommelier Pierre that had just arrived from France and had only been here in the United States now for the last three weeks I think he said?

I was able to bring some excellent wines including French champagne and a red Bordeaux wine from 1986 as well. I also included the second domaine of that of the two Rhone French brothers from the DOMAINE DE LA VIEUX TELEGRAPH. I chose the white because my daughter and wife love to drink white wine even more than they do red wine.

Everything went smoothly both before at work just down the street at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com also on Facebook at : cleveland park wine & spirits as well as on Twitter @ cpwinespirits ). Check us out when you get a chance.

Anyway, this was a great birthday for both my daughter and me and I think the four of us Quinns had a wonderful evening and dinner at Lavandou provencal restaurant. Cheers and than you all, merci a tous, TONY

P.S. Being an artist I like to take lots of artsy photos and I like to mark and to help fill out the moment and the time, place and period. I hope you like this montage of my photos. Comment below in the comment section. I will write more but am exhausted now from visiting American University where a young woman ( in charge of International Affairs or was it Studies? ) and a young man ( a senior there ) named Alex Ward gave us all ten to fifteen of us a phenomenal tour and insight into American University today. Makes me almost want to go back to school myself to help make the world a better place as they both said over and over and over again. Inspiring really, simple and welcome as that!



























No comments: