Thursday, January 21, 2010

Owner Of NICE LEGS, Al McCosh Visits Cleveland Park Wines Yesterday ( Wed. 1/20/10 ) And Tastes New Vintages Of CA. Wines



This was a totally serendipitous meeting and tasting while our current rep for Nice Legs, Dmitri was tasting us on some of his own Moldovan imports that his mother back at home in Moldova actually makes in a team effort I believe with others. I will have to ask Dmitri more about this, I really will as we already have some of those wines in the store now. We got them last week ; actually the day after this tasting to be exact. I will include the blog about those in a separate blog shortly. I am running/typing like mad and downloading pictures quickly and crazily as to try and keep up with all the tastings and events and meetings ( serendipitous and planned ) that occur in and out of Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits where I manage the wine department now with the help of Chris Barker.

Chris started in mid December, 2009. He knows Dmitri. Turns out it is the same Dmitri that I also know well and have already done business with in the store. We have already purchased Moldovan and Croatian wines from Dmitri.

But I am getting away from the story which is meeting Al McCosh that I believed on this afternoon I thought was the first time. However, since the tasting I have rethought this and now believe that I must have met Al at least once or twice before because his face seems familiar to me now that I look closely here at these photos that I have downloaded of him and Allen Murphey ( as well as of Dmitri as they were all there at the same time ).

It was a good meeting for me : better meeting than it was a tasting by this time. It was a Wednesday and it was the first Wednesday that I had sampled so many wines in a short period of time like this. I was out of practice, really I was even though I spit many of the wines out.

I was tired and in need of some food when Allen and Al showed up. The last thing I needed at this point was more wine. But more wine I tried and I must say with only partial attention. That's bad. I wish that I had paid a bit more attention. I remember that it was one winery : three reds - all dry and from California and costing us $30 for two of them and $40 for the last one.

I want to mention the winery and the three wines but not say much else at this point. I will revisit them all as well as others from the Nice Legs portfolio. Funny, we did not taste either of the two Oregon Pinot Noirs from JEZEBEL and KLEE and yet it is those two that we bought and currently have on our shelves at $21.99 a bottle. The KLEE we tasted on Saturday with our customers and it sure is refined, polished, bright and delicate : and absolutely delicious with or without a meal. I remember that the JEZEBEL Pinot Noirs that I have sold in the past had much more body and weight and guts - more rustic and hearty and less-polished than the KLEE. I can't wait to try this current vintage which I believe is a 2008 like that of the KLEE.

It's now Monday night here at home in northern Virginia at 11:32 PM on January 24th, 2010 and tomorrow I will start to download the pictures that I took so that I may finish and post soon this blog entry. In the meantime if you want to see some of the more artsy pictures that I took of this tasting you can go to my other blog site : chatart.blogspot.com and check those out.

Actually, having said that I will post this rough/first draft of this blog tonight so that any of you curious can go to chatart tonight or tomorrow before I have a chance if finishing this entry.

Enjoy this first part of this entry and stay-tuned for the finishing comments and the pictures as well. Cheers, TONY
Enjoy these photos I took of both Al and of Allen Murphey that works with Al along with

No comments: