Wednesday, September 2, 2009

FIX Beer, TRYST Wine - Sun-Bleached / Or so It Seems Looking At These Pics- Oil Pastel?Watercolors I Did At Avon, Outer Banks, North Carolina, 8/09






I hope you like the photos. It's hard to see my artwork well here because the sun whitens-out everything. This single shot that I made of one of the watercolors is the clearest and will give you a better idea of the rest.

These pictures are a bit like a number of stills of a " performance art " experience. I still think they are fun and interesting. Hope you think so, too... and stay-tuned. I will show better pictures of my art really soon.




I enjoyed these wines at the beach and took them outside to photograph against the backdrop of the beach. I had put them afterward by the edge of the deck. As I painted my watercolors and oil pastels I needed a place to let them dry as I did them outside " in the elements ". It was quite windy and I didn't want the pages to flip over while wet and so I used the bottles to weigh them down. It worked and it made me smile inwardly as took photos of them later this way. They both represent two of my loves : wine and art. I'm only sorry that you cannot see the labels : oh well.




I have to take it back : I can read the labels of the TRYST Aussie ( that Jody Jackman gave us from Winebow imports ) wine here that we drank, a delicious dry white blend and the FIX Greek beer ( now made in the U.S. and given to me by Aris Zissis ). Thank you both : the Aussie white was so tasty once again and we all loved it : and the 6-pack of FIX was really appreciated and perfect for the beach. It's not-to-strong and heavy in alcohol and for the two of us drinking it I can safely say that it really did hit the spot - each and every time that we each enjoyed one. Thanks Jody and thanks Aris.









Enjoy these artsy photos of sun-bleached artworks I did with my shadow. Cheers, TONY

No comments: