Saturday, August 15, 2009

August Tastings 2009 With Marcie Weinstein & Liters Of The Big Woop Of WOOP WOOP, Southeastern Australia & The ALBERTI 2008 Malbec Of Argentina

This was a really fun, serendipitous tasting of three wines with Marcie Weinstein a week a go in the second week of August, 2009 at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ). I got a chance with Mike Martin to try the two liter bottles of the new red and white dry blend of the Big Woop red and white ( $14.49 ) : both of which I liked very much and found both interesting and balanced and very good values for wines to enjoy now in all this heat of the Washington D.C. summer. We have both in stock at the store now and they are both starting to sell.




The white Big Woop is a blend I believe of Vignier, Chardonnay and Pinot Gris while the red is a blend of Grenache and Shiraz and Sangiovese? I have to ask Marci again. Both are very smooth with quite silky, velvety tastes that please and charm and do nothing to disturb or annoy ...





I like having fun taking my pictures and take full artistic license as I do, making no apologies as the art bug hits me and my whims and fancies and moods. I hope you like the results of wine and glass and bottle and many things reflected through them.










I also tasted the ALBERTI 154 Malbec 2008 from Argentina with Marci and was immediately struck by it's elegance, power, balance, lovely fruit as well as earth and spice and " everything nice " : at least to my palate. I was actually a bit stunned and quite bowled over by it and tasted it again twice to be sure before calling Mik over to taste it with me. He, too was quite impressed. We still do not have it but it will come on Marci's next order to the store. I think it will become quite popular and sell quite well. I can't wait to put this to the test and see. So stay-tuned for more updates on this.




Cheers, TONY


No comments: