Thursday, May 21, 2009

Owner Of CONSILIENCE, CA. Wines Here W/ Jody Jackman Of Winebow Imports ( Six Reds : 2 Pinots, 3 Syrahs, 1 Petite Sirah ) May 2009



As you can see by these pictures my artist side/eye was clearly leading me along this marvelous trail as I tried six reds from CONSILIENCE, CA. : Pinot Noirs, Syrahs and one Petite Sirah. I was totally caught/wrapped up in the moment : partly I admit freely of my own making.

It's very much like when I paint , sketch, draw and make collages : I listen to music sometimes and I let moods/fancies and heaven and devilry mingle and touch and work their forces and guises and surprises through me and my mind's fancy and my hand's and fingers and body strength's energy : harnessed to/ on some level surging through me as if I were the conduit placed there by me to see what would/could transpire at ant certain moment. This one was no different and I must apologize that sometimes this means I take fewer mental/actual notes of the wines that I am tasting as I am multi-tasking and thrilled to be doing just that with my artist's bent!




I just listened to Tom Waite's singing in a semi-movie of him. I was blown away by the more tender/gut-murmuring song with the lines along the lines of the train that could not take him home. Between his facial expressions that run the whole gambit of the circus and the accordion music and the bass violin and the moments I think I'm listening to Leonard Cohen and Randy Newman and Bob Dylan ... blow me away.

I was inspired to write and I stumbled upon this blog that I should have written and posted a long time ago. Sorry!




I'm home now on Thursday night here in northern Virginia on December 3rd, 2009 ( 10:52 PM ) and I am also moved by these pictures that I took and now eager to find my notes to complete this blog,




Jody Jackman of Winebow Imports came calling with the owner of CONSILIENCE and I am sorry to say that I have forgotten your name sir and must find your card and add it here really shortly as to save as much face as possible before it is entirely too late.




We tasted six res together this day at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ). I was intrigued and trying to really get myself invested thoroughly in these six wines. I wanted to understand them as fully as possible and so I not only tried them once but went back to try them all over again. I wanted to know them as well as I could through my own palate and I wanted to evaluate them carefully on price, style, level of alcohol and overall balance of components as well as on price versus level of value?




As I have said I want to find my notes as it has now been some time since I tasted them.

I tried them in this order : 1) CONSILIENCE 2005 Pinot Noir , 2) CONSILIENCE Bien Nacido 2006 Pinot Noir, 3) CONSILIENCE 2005 Syrah, 4) CONSILIENCE Rodney Shull Vineyard 2005 Syrah, 5) CONSILIENCE Camp 4 Vineyard 2005 Syrah and 6) CONSILIENCE Petite Sirah 2005.

Stay-tuned for more about them soon.




As you can see I experimented a lot with shot, angle of camera, position of camera, not being able to see the bottle or the glass or the person being snapped by my Canon digital camera : it's all rather a bit/slice of a brave new world/vision that I hope imparts something bordering on original with images that add to our world of wine/wine-owners ans winemakers' images already around.




I do find a real lack of pictures to document winemaker visits and the wines that they are showing at any one specific time. To me they are still the wine world's rock stars though they may be shy and quiet and very humble and down-to-earth people.

I like seeing together the bottle, the label, the wine in a glass and those people responsible for making/paying for them to be made/bringing them to me and to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits with the hope that I will fall madly in love with them and sell them eagerly very soon to our customers.




Cheers and stay-tuned for more. Happy Holidays 2009 to one and to all. Have you had any CONSILINCE lately? What did you think? Did you enjoy any recently with your family and friends over your Thanksgiving meal? TONY






Enjoy these photos, cheers, TONY

No comments: