Saturday, August 16, 2008

New South African Wines STAR TREE To Impress / Great Packaging & Pricing, Too STAY-TUNED, Just Some " Teaser Pics " Now











     I can't find all my info on this tasting the other day just before I went on vacation. I liked both the man and his company's wines from South Africa. I will of course include a more detailed review once I find my notes but in the meantime enjoy the colors in the labels - bright, lively, intense, and the joy and pleasure on this man's face that for the time-being must remain unknown to most - sorry !  This is more just about sharing the freshness and the serendipitous nature of a lovely almost-chance meeting, planned, but largely unknown to me and so thus so very fresh and entertaining as well as instructive and meaningful. We will get some of these wines within a month's time or so.

     It's funny, the moment began to come back to me as I downloaded these pictures. Local rep Chris Pigott brought me both the new rep/administrator for the Country Vintners' South African portfolio as well as the export manager for STAR TREE. Chris and the other two are all pictured here, names to follow shortly with more info. You can go to Country Vintner's web page : www.countryvintner.com.sa for more technical information.

     The pictures are mostly taken with my signature style now of seeing things through the wine glass. I like having the wine in the picture with the people and the other bottles. I think it solidifies the event and the people with their love/wine/passion/baby-as-in-wine(s). It's their signature just as the pictures become mine. I love the way the light and the wine both refract with the glass the bottles and the people. Hope you like them, too. New dimensions, new " takes " on wine/people/life/moments.

     I loved the Syrah and the Chardonnay, both of which I can sell for $9.99 a bottle. I will find my notes to include info on the Pinotage and the Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc. They were all quite -well made/focused and appealing for this very reasonable price. I love the picture I took of the red where it looks almost as if it is bubbling or frothing at the edges, so bright and refreshing in appeal. I wish I had a glass now to assist me as I recollect my thoughts of almost two week's ago ( Wed. July 30, 2008 ) Stay-tuned.  TONY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like all the pictures, specially the red wine glass.