Sunday, June 23, 2013

Written On MONTELLORI White Box : Andrea - Happy Anniversary! Drink This For Good Health, Happiness & To Each Other, Bravo! TONY & ABIGAIL 10/30/09 / In Tuscany Now With Great Weather ( Montepulciano )

Wow, to still have this white box, to have come back to the United States with it as I also wrote on the box at the end : Anthony Quinn / Abigail Quinn  Wash D.C. , I guess in case as we returned home from Italy in late October or early November 2009 that it would not be lost?!?

The white gift box with the word MONTELLORI written in big print in bold black and gold was a gift from the owner to both Abigail and me when we left the winery and restaurant headed back to Florence, Italy to meet both Andrea Fossi and Alessandro Furlan, two really great friends of mine that were wining and dining us that evening in a fancy restaurant overlooking Florence from a hotel near ours up on their penthouse floor with a spectacular view of the city!

I am cleaning up my art room and I want to write this story as I do because this box transported wine around Tuscany for us and to Rome, too on the train before we rented our car there when leaving Rome to return to Tuscany and to continue our father/daughter trip in Italy : our first together, what an incredible time and experience we had!

Everyone was nice, everyone was helpful! It did not matter what sex or age or religion or anything that these Italians were : they were all helpful! I will never forget this. They all stopped to help us, even though I spoke little to no Italian and many of them spoke little to no English! Wow, I loved this, I love being able to say this. I love being able to say that everything worked as well as could be expected and all the people that I stopped for assistance whether on the streets, in train stations, on the metro system in Rome, on the buses - they were all helpful and stopped, listened and did what they could. It did not matter where or when or what weather : they helped us : and I am eternally appreciative for all those that did stop to be of whatever assistance that they could be. Grazie!

And the people that we were there to see also opened their homes, vineyards, hearts and whatever else to us as well. They made the effort to make us both feel welcome and appreciated there , they did whatever they possibly could : and our visit could not have been any better, surpassed my expectations as a result!

I have much more to say but will post this " as is " and finish it later. I am here downstairs with my daughter that is reading in our basement family room as I type away here at my desk. She is with her two cats visiting and we are having/ spending a very relaxed and enjoyable Sunday June 23rd, 2013 here in northern Virginia at our home. Nice. My wife is also here and so all is well as our son that will be going to Florence, Tuscany, Italy soon is working. He will be there studying Italian the language, the history, the fashion and much more for a semester as he starts his sophomore year of college. What fun, what a treat : four months in Italy! We may all get a chance to visit him there. We will see?!? That would be fun.

Always lots to look forward to. Cheers,  Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn  

No comments: