Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Meeting Owner Andrej Razumovsky Of Argentina's ALPAMANTA Wines One Early Oct. Night 2011 Con Dan Terassa & Loving The Cab Sauv. 08 & Natal 09 Chard!

Reminds Me Of My Recent Visit ( Also Because Of Dan Terrasa ) Con Owner Lucas Nemesio Of NEMESIO, Pategonian, Argentina Wines! This is the way the headline should read if I only had more space!

I have sitting here to my right the empty two bottles of the ALPAMANTA " Natal " Chardonnay Mendoza, Argentina, 2009 : as well as the ALPAMANTA Estate 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon, Mendoza Argentina. I really liked both.

Two nights ago on Sunday, October 9th, 2011 sitting outside at dinner on our deck with our dear friend we finished the little bit left in the bottle from my meeting with the owner and Dan a few days before this. It was amazing : so full and round and lush and rich and delicious : I loved it. It was so appealing and so perfect for the coolness and the darkness of the night except for the candles on our table as the evening drew to a close. It warmed, pleased and comforted me : wrapping it's flavors all around me and insulating me from the cold that I was feeling from being outside.

I wrote here a few days ago and some of what I wrote has disappeared! Aaaarrrggghhhh! I don't understand : so frustrating!

Anyway, I wrote about how I loved this serendipitous meeting with Andrej and with Dan the other night at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel: 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com http://www.clevelandparkwine.com/ anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwine.com also on Facebook at : Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and on Twitter at : cpwinespirits ). Dan called and asked if they could stop by? He said he only had a couple of hours to be with Andrej and I felt pleased and honoured that he would want to bring him to meet me. Thanks Dan, I appreciate that vote of confidence.

They came by and it was perhaps 7-8PM already? It may have been a bit later, I don't remember. I remember, however really liking the encounter and our connection as we tasted and talked and told stories. I was extremely pleased with the wines, really I was. In many ways it reminded me very much of my recent visit with Patagonian owner/wine-maker Lucas Nemesio that was also extremely gratifying for me. I do not think I wrote about my experience with Lucas and I should have. That, too was like creating a real bond that continues to today and will for many years still to come even if our paths never cross again. Gracias Andrej e Lucas. You both are making quite exciting wines for the world to enjoy. WE are fortunate to have both here in Washington D.C. in our nation's capitol.

These meetings are so welcome to me and I like to welcome everyone with open arms and to make them feel comfortable and appreciated wherever I can. This past visit with Andrej Razumovsky, owner of ALPAMANTA reminded me of the travelers of the past and of the present that would stop at an inn or a pub or a tavern and take some refreshment, conversation, warmth and nourishment before heading once again out into the elements and to continue on their journey. I like that many owners, wine-makers, reps, national and international sales managers, marketing directors, wholesalers, brokers, whatever want to come to our store for a spell/ visit and to meet me. Thank you all. I hope you enjoy - have enjoyed your experiences as much as I have. Keep coming.

I spoke to Dan briefly the other day over the phone as his mother is quite sick and we wish her well. Hope everything gets better Dan : keep us posted. I still have pictures to post here and I still need to get the wines shortly Dan.

Dan you reminded me again of how much I loved the ALPAMANTA Cabernet Sauvignon 2008. You told me that it was my favorite of all the wines tasted. It was superb. That gives me a red and a white that were both superb from you Andrej. I like that a whole lot.

I am thrilled about this as I am so happy to be talking about another wine from Argentina and not another bloody Malbec. I want to also talk about the Bonarda, the Merlot, the Sangiovese, the Syrah, the Tempranillo and whatever other grapes that Argentina grows and not only the Malbec. I want to keep alive all of our many wonderful choices of wines being made in Argentina. It's not easy today as all that anybody wants to drink or talk about is another Malbec.

Dan, let's talk again soon and get a delivery scheduled to the store. So stay-tuned for more here and gracias amigos Dan, Andrez and Lucas para todos. TONY

No comments: