Monday, October 24, 2011

Martina Molino , Wine-Maker @ Azienda Agricola MAURO MOLINO. Piemonte, Italy Tastes Dolcetto '10, Barbera '10, Nebbiolo '09, Barolo & Barolo Vigna 07


I am thrilled to have tasted all these five dry MAURO MOLINO Piemontese wines with wine-maker and daughter of owner Mauro of his own winery MAURO MOLINO this past WednesdayAt Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. It was an unexpected treat for me. I have already written some about the experience and tasting at the end of all of these pictures that I just mounted here earlier so scroll down for that.



I was really enjoying taking these artsy pictures as I tasted. I was in my artist's frame-of-mind more so then than many times and for that I have to explain as it transports to a place that I really like to be that combines both my art sensibilities and my abilities to taste and evaluate wine. It's sort of seamless for me : sort of like Rex Harrison says in the movie with Audrey Hepburn : " like breathing in and out ... " : the two for me simply go hand-in-hand and I often do not really get a chance to explain this but I feel the need to do so here.


Like an angel above : closed eyes are not always a flaw of the picture : tranquil, peaceful and lovely Martina. It gives me a chance to reflect on the peace that I find in your wines and their origins. They are a perfect match. I am sure that the vines and their roots and the grapes as they formed and grew all had to struggle and persist and make the best of each and every day : and simply survive at times to live till the next day to be able to tell the story?!? Yes, I think that's right.


I'm always grateful that I think to take pictures of all the bottles. This fixes them as an integral part of the story : their story with Martina and Mark Congdon of JW Seig Imports at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits last Wednesday, October 18th, 2011 in Washington D.C. N.W. It's like fixing a pastel drawing or sketch after you make it so that the shapes, forms and lines do not smudge. It's a good idea : preventative and important.


I love the varying colors of these wines made from the Barbera, Dolcetto and Nebbiolo grapes. The colors also change with age. We have the vintages here of 2010, 2009 and 2007.


I love the picture above : the red color of the wine fills the whole space almost : wonderful and inspiring and warming, too.


In the picture above the red translucent color of the MAURO MOLINO wines is important but so is the light from the ceiling lights above in Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits.


Martina, thanks for pouring us some more of your excellent wines. Too bad we could not have made a day of it and sat outside over a leisurely lunch at Byblos Deli across the street from us on Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. The stories that we could have told, listened to and shared. Wow, now that would have been acutely special.


You have a pretty and a warming smile Martina, just like your wines : a beautiful blush of flesh and grape to make someone come fully alive. That's the idea, isn't it? Si ...


Thanks Mark for bringing us Martina and her family's excellent MAURO MOLINO dry reds from Italy's Piemonte regions : Barolo, Langhe and Alba! Cheers!


Now this picture above is all about fun and the unexpected angle and composition. See the color of the wine below? Divine. Cheers


The light from above does give some brightness to the wine in my Reidel glass above. I like that.


Look at the way the light and the images are distorted by the Reidel wine-tasting glass above? Interesting, unexpected yet welcome and challenging, too.


For more information on these wines go to : www.mauromolino.com and info@mauromolino.com. Cheers.



Beautiful blond hair, flowing and it frames Martina's face so beautifully. The touch of an angel there.


Even on a brown wooden surface the 2009 Nebbiolo above still has life and color that's beautiful and that calls to me and my lips to return for yet another taste / sip and wonderful experience of all the flavors that it contains deep inside these mostly transparent colors. Where do they hide? What nooks and crannies do they stay hidden from our eyes that are drawn to it?







I'm glad to be in this picture with you Martina. Beautiful moment, beautiful smile : wines that I love with all my heart. Bravo and cheers.




Ean tastes the wines of MAURO MOLINO with Martina and Mark above.




This was a really fun, serendipitous treat for last Wednesday afternoon, October 19TH, 2011 with our J.W. Sieg rep Mark Congdon.

We tasted five wines with Martina the wine-maker/ daughter of owner Mauro of his own winery Azienda Agricola MAURO MOLINO. It was simply fun and refreshing and an overall treat to meet Martina and taste her family's five wines as I snapped away with my camera and she spoke of the wines. Ean Bond that now works with us also smapled some of the wines.

We tasted ( in this order ) : 1) the Docetto D'Alba 2010 ( $19.99 ), the 2) Barbera D'Alba 2010 ( $19.99 ) , the 3) Nebbiolo from the Langhe region of Piemonte, the 2009 ( $21.99 ) , the 4) Barolo 2007 ( $44.99 ) and the 5) Barolo " Vigna Gancia 2007 ( $60 ). They were classic, focused and fresh and bright. Made me think I was in Italy and I smiled inwardly as I went from one to the other.

We at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 , www.clevelandparkwine.com, sales@clevelandparkwine.com , anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwine.com, also now on Facebook at : Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and on Twitter at : cpwinespirits.com ) but will buy some and have them for sale in November, 2011.

Stay-tuned for the pictures ( my notes on the wines are at work and I will include them, too really soon ) and more info go to : Fraz, Annunziata, 111 - 12064 La Morra ( CN ) , Piemonte, Italy, Tel : 0173-50814 , email : info@mauromolino.com, www.mauromolino.com ). Cheers, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn

No comments: