Saturday, September 10, 2011

DOMAINE De JARRAS 2010 Gris De Gris Verite Du Terroir Vin Des Sables LISTEL Estate, France( $14.99 ) / Pre-Pheloxera


This wine is unique/rare and delicious, too! We had Francois Hurtel taste it here the other evening at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits.

Look at the beautiful deep rose/apricot/salmon color of it above : I love it! I really do like dry rose wines as well as do many of our customers. Justin just asked for one a couple of days ago and was happy to walk away with a French Cote Du Provence biodynamic 2009 On Sale for $13.99 that I get from our rep Charles of William's Corner imports as I am currently out of the Francois Hurtel selection.

With the warmer weather here in Washington D.C. and northern Virginia and the daffodils starting to bloom glorious " pops " of yellow on the banks of Rock Creek Parkway now ( I saw my first blooms yesterday and was shocked! ) it may be time to consider enjoying some more dry and flavorful roses. We have a really full selection at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwine.com, also now on Facebook at : Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and on Twitter at : cpwinespirits ). We carry them year-round and love to recommend them depending on what we hear our customers are serving.

I would have asked Francois about his DOMAINE De JARRAS 2010 or 2011 dry Gris de Gris rose but alas VRANKEN/POMMERY that employed him up until December of 2011 has let him go. Bad decision if you ask me. he really did a great job selling to us in Cleveland Park N.W. Washington D.C. our nation's capitol. I will ask Sal Furfari our local rep from Bacchus about the DOMAINE De JARRAS instead. We may or may not carry it again. The work will have to start all over again as I am still feeling acutely the sting from hearing the news from Sal that Francois was let go. Oh well, we will see. I do keep an open mind about these type of things but the connections that are made between people is so important, especially today when the world seems to large and impersonal. Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn

No comments: