Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Alice Rion, New Face Of Armelle & Bernard Rion, Proprietaires-Recoltants,Vosne Roamanee, Cotes D-Or, Burgundy France Visited Cleveland Park, March '08











Here are the pictures that I took of Alice Rion's visit to our store and in-store tasting with a number of the wine makers/owners that Elite Imports brings to the U.S. We did a wonderful Friday night tasting here from 5-8 PM late March, 2008. I have already done a really small blog entry about the tasting last June 2008 I believe and you may refer to that as well. Here I will fill-in the pieces that I forgot and which have occurred since this really fun, energized in-store tasting of both excellent french and Spanish wines.

A couple of years ago Alice was here working at Elite Imports learning some of the business, practicing her English I am sure : and tasting in stores from time to time I am sure. I know for a fact that Alice came and tasted once while I was away visiting wineries. Thanks for that Alice, I am sure you did a great job selling your wines. They sure are excellent, traditional, balanced wines that so often have also offered excellent value along with superb taste : especially if you are enjoying them with a meal.

We here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 www.clevelandparkwine.com sales@clevelandparkwine.com ) have always recommended a full range of these wines. We have tried to buy all the 2002's that we could because of both their excellent quality( the vintage is superb ) and value ratio. We still have a few bottles left which I will shortly list here.

By my title : " Alice Rion New Face Of Armelle & Bernard Rion " I mean to say the future of the Rion wines : the " new " generation. I was very impressed with Alice's efforts on this evening. She was very hands-on and attentive and eager to pour her wines, explain and talk about them and interact with our customers at Cleveland Park. She gave it her all in effort and I noticed and appreciate that.

Alice has a gentle, soft manner that is very pleasing. She smiles nicely and wants to be helpful. I liked the brief bits of conversation that we shared and I look forward to her return. She is welcome at our store anytime. We are the better for having received her this evening with the others, some that are pictured here : Marc and Joel both of Bordeaux.

We currently as of today, Wednesday February 18th, 2009 have in the store from Armelle, Bernard & Alice Rion the following wines : 1) the " La Croix Blanche " 2006 red Bourgogne rouge " Vieille Vignes - old vines " < class="blsp-spelling-error" id="SPELLING_ERROR_13">Nuits Saint Georges " Les Lavieres " 2002 ( $59.99 ) , # Chambolle Musigny " Les Echezeaux " 2003 Vieille Vignes-old vines ($59.99 ) , 4) Vosne Romanee 1er Cru " Les Chaumes " 2002 ( $64.99 ) and the 5 ) Clos de Vougeot Grand Cru 2005 Vieille Vigne ( $148.99 ). Armelle has also visited our store an done an in-store tasting back in 2006 I believe. You can check her blog here at chatwine.blogspot.com as well. I still have not met Bernard and look forward to that hopefully sometime in the near-future. Merci Alice et reviens nous voir au magasin bientot. Bonnee annee a vous troi en bourgogne. J'aime la France, moi!!! A votre sante .Cheers, TONY

No comments: