Brrrrrrrrr This Glorious Grand Tuesday Morn : Spirits Galore!
5:22 PM (9 minutes ago)
Cleveland Park Beer, Liquor & Wine
Featuring a wide, international selection of fine wines, micro-brews and spirits
HAPPY TUESDAY ALL .. IT was an Indian Summer through yesterday, I gardened in our front yard working on our flower bed, planting two delicate-colored green-white lavender plants, side-by-side, to weather the elements together, like many of us do, a team, a couple, working for a better world, and so much more ...
LIFE IS GOOD, even with all our political uncertainty we still have to find strength and happiness, a positive spin to enough things to continue and not collapse with worry and stress and grief, anxiety that hurts and wounds us so!
ALE & BEER From Santos :
I SMILED as I walked the length of our store and in the beer department my eyes landed on the ...
1) Canadian beer/ ale UNIBROUE called " La Fin du Monde "! I picked it up, a 4-pack of 12-ounce bottles, a Belgian-style triple ale , $12.99 a 4-pack, with 9% alcohol by volume. We can all drink some of this now and on the 8th of November 2016 after we see the results of our next Presidential election.
BUT , BEING POSITIVE, my eyes searched further and landed on the ...
2)UNIBROUE Canadian " Ephemere ' , an ale made on it's lees ( sediment that is stirred back into the ale as it ages gracefully and gradually, thus imparting more flavor back into this golden ale elixir ). This 4-pack of 12-ounce bottles is On Special for $10.99 a 4-pack, and it is perfect for now as this ale is brewed with apple juice, Coriander and Orange peel, with natural flavor added, too. What fun!
3) ' Pumpkin ' Spiced Sour Ale with Brett called FUNKIER by BOULEVARD SMOKEHOUSE Series Special Release, On Special for $13.99 a 750ml bottle, for a 1 Pt. 9.4Fl. Oz bottle, with 8.5% alcohol by volume, from Kansas City, Missouri, : " ... Here they're given breattanomces additional time to develop, adding further complexity and character. Subtle pumpkin flavor is accented by traditional spicing in a beer that also showcases the hallmark earthy notes of our house with wild yeast strain," Enjoy!
4) Kriek Nothwest Sour Ale , ale aged in oak barrels with cherries, 2015 Project from the CASCADE Brewing Company, On Special for $32.99 a 750ml bottle, with 7.1% alcohol by volume, HOUSE OF SOUR, : " Kriek is a blend of sour red ales aged in oak with wine barrels for up to 17 months with cherries. " Oh yeah, take a slow sip, let the flavors saturate, infiltrate all your waiting senses, yes!
LIQUEUR - LIQUOR From Jagir :
1) Silver Slivovitz Plum Brandy, Kosher for Passover, from R. JELINEK , $28.99 a 750ml bottle, from Vizovice, Czech Republic, ... quite the elixir, the tonic for many ailments possibly, really forward and intense flavors, great to enjoy at the end of an evening, even outside for awhile looking up at the stars and the moon. Cheers!
2) Amaro traditional bitter liqueur from ' DONNA ROSA ' from Don Ciccio & Figli, made in Washington D.C., $43.99 a bottle, for a 750ml bottle, with 20% alcohol by volume, : " History tells us that the Fjord of Furore was a perfect refuge for them. The ' Janare ' hid themselves under walnut trees to prepare their mysterious and magical concoctions.
The legend of local fishermen siad that Donna Rosa was the leader of this witchcraft practice. "
" You must try this : many of our customers swear by it!
1) ' Owl's Brew ' , a tea crafted cocktail called " Pink & Black ', it is a blend of Darjeeling, hibiscus, lemon peel & strawberry, $13.99 a bottle, 32 Fl. Oz, a lovely alternative of exciting flavors and tastes, great on the rocks,and also to blend with vodka and sparkling wine and other spirits, too.
2) 1812 Maryland Bourbon Whiskey, handcrafted spirits, distilled in Rockville, with 45% alcohol by volume, On Special for $34.99 a bottle : brand new to us and really exciting : love supporting local, from Batch Number 18, this is a double cask offering to you all. Come try some to see how your palate likes and warms to it?!?
THREE From KINSEY :
1)KINSEY Whiskey , aged 7 years , a Pennsylvania Classic now, On Special for $35.99 a bottle, with 43.4% alcohol by volume : I liked the brightness, the rightness, the flavor, warmth and slight burn, too of this golden elixir whiskey fromthe Milestone Spirits Group in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Sip it neat. Feel alive, wake up!
2) Bourbon Whiskey from KINSEY , On Special for $43.99 a 750ml bottle, with 49.5% alcohol by volume : turn up the volume, turn up the heat, turn up the burn and flavor, the strength, the power, the might, and then settle along with it as your palate and this whiskey fall slowly in love with one another,
3) KINSEY Rye Whiskey, On Special for $35.99 a bottle, with 43% alcohol by volume, a deeper, a denser, a more compact and heated flavor, the simmer, the languish, the love of palate and wheat make a perfect match here, come taste and be sure for yourselves!
SAVE UP To 20% OFF Your Wine Purchases Here Every Wednesday, Two Ways To Do So : For Way Under 15 Minutes Of Your Time! Call Chris or Tony, order and pay tomorrow and SAVE 20% OFF the sticker prices,
SAVE UP TO 15% OFF Your Wine Purchases here tomorrow, each Wednesday, for way less than 15 minutes of your time, this is wine spirits purchases, not car insurance, we save you both money and time here - really we do!
SPEAKING OF SAVING : Come taste tomorrow here, Wednesday, October 26th, 2016 , 5-8PM : with Valerie Wrightson our local Elite rep, we will taste some fine French and Spanish wines of :
- LAUVERJAT, the 2015 Moulin des Vrilleres white Sancerre, $22.49 a bottle,get 20% OFF tomorrow when you purchase this delightful bottle of Sancerre white! 100% Sauvignon Blanc!
- the ANDRE BERTHET RAYNE Cotes du Rhone red 2014, $14.99, ...
- and the Emilio LUSTAU Fino en Rama dry small-batch sherry, $27.99 a 500ml bottle, ...
- and the Emilio LUSTAU Almacenistas , " Oloroso Pala de Gatina Garcia Jarana 1/38 ', $34.99 a 500ml bottle. I tried them with Valerie last week, was so impressed with them, really very special, and they get 20% OFF the marked bottle costs tomorrow as you taste and decide to buy them!
ALSO THIS WEEK In Tastings :
Friday, October 28th, 2016 ( 5-8PM ) : With Narayan Campbell of Global Maryland Import Wines we will taste TWO Bordeaux wines :
1) CAZENOVE 2010 Left Bank dry red 2010 blend, from just outside of Margaux, $20.99 On Special,... great year, enjoy with a meal, do not rush it, let it open slowly as it should ..
2) BARON De LUZE Sauvignon Blanc white Bordeaux wine, dry, lively, refreshing, good body, focus and character, 2013, $16.99 a bottle, a real delight!
, TWO Burgundy wines :
1) Coteaux-Bourguignons L. COUTURIER dry red 2014 blend of Pinot Noir and Gamay, $16.49 a bottle, medium-to-light-bodied, an absolute delight, chill 30 minutes and enjoy with most any meal, most any casual experience. Lovely to sip, not great with heavy or spicy or hot foods, but FABulous to sit around sipping and smiling!
2) Slightly Oaked Chardonnay from L. COUTURIER , $22.99 a bottle, a bit fuller, a bit richer, lovely cream Chardonnay flavors, will warm you now as the temperatures continue to dip south!
Saturday, October 29th, 2016 ( 2-6PM ) : We have either Sotiris, Iason or Nassos coming from Oenos Wine Imports to pour a selection of their fine wines from Greece, France, Italy and Spain, still to be decided tomorrow. Call us for more info at : 202-363-4265 to get the final lineup. Cheers
ALL TASTINGS are free here except for the two Big-Theme BUBBLY-Sparkling Wine - Champagne Tastings that we do in December on Dec 7th, and December 28th, on these we will charge $15 a person, and that will go to pay for any purchase you make the night of these two events. Cheers!
The idea to charge will ennable those interested in buying a bottle a chance to taste it, as they do run out quickly with so many people eager to taste and buy for their special holidays, ALL On Special, too for these two nights.
A FEW WINE Inspirations :
1) LUNEA Colli di Luni Vermentino, Italian dry white ( also called Rolle in France ) that comes from Sardinia, western Tuscany and also western Liguria ) : On Special for $24.99 : what a delightful treat. Matt Daniels was nice enough to taste me on this current vintage a couple of weeks ago. Boy is it full and rich on the palate, silky and lulling, and lingering, too on the tongue. It speaks to all tongues no matter what language you speak : highly recommended!
2) BOE Brooklyn Oenology 2014 Pinot Gris, North Fork of Long Island, $22.99 a bottle, : extra concentration and flavor and taste : I LOVED IT when I tasted it with winemaker Allie Shaper. Cheers.
3) Chenin Blanc ' Vusani Series ' from South Africa's HOUSE OF MANDELA, $21.99 a bottle, Fairtrade, a 2014, from the Western Cape , with 13.5% alcohol by volume, I was blown away by this rich, layered, smooth and sunshine-dreamy-creamy-svelte and flavor that lulled and pleased, rocked and cradled all my tastebuds, yes! Mmmmm good.
4) Kangarilla Road 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon from South Australia's McLaren Vale, On Special for $21.99 a bottle, with 14.5% alcohol by volume, I loved drinking this with the owner himself, as well as with Mark the importer : this is brightness, rightness, mightness-not-meakness-just-
5) Malbec made from organic grapes, 2013, from the YORKVILLE Cellars, from the " Rennie Vineyard ', made in the Yorkville Highlands, Mendocino county, northern California, here's toasting you our dear friend Theresa, may you get and feel better really quickly, I love the elegance, subtlety and sophistication of this bright and smooth and fruit-centered delightful organic red : thrilled to have it here. Cheers!
SAVE ON ALL these bottles tomorrow that are over $20 a bottle. There are many listed above , as well as in the store. Come taste tomorrow and save with us!
THANKS for everything, you all are the very best!
BOO! Happy Halloween all this week : FEEL the spirit early and enjoy it all week long and into Monday night!
TOMORROW I will go to Sorriso restaurant at 6:30PM to celebrate with owner Pietro and his wife , and with whoever else shows up, as I fear that these are the last days through October before Sorriso in this location closes it's doors for good. You will be missed, you all have been wonderful, really added a whole lot to our community. We are thrilled the SORRISO CAFE will still be open at the intersection of Calvert Streets and Connecticut Avenue, N.W. That is conforting indeed. Cheers to you all!
THANKS AGAIN, GRAXIE, GRACIAS para todos amicci, amigos, amis, merci! TONY