Sunday, May 17, 2015

June 11th, 2014 Tasting Bacchanal Italian Imports! With Nicola & Anthony Quinn @ Cleveland Park Wine & Spirits In Northwest, Washington D.C., 20008 ... As He Poured His CASELFEDER Winery Wines From Alto Adige, Italy : Grazie Nicola E A Presto : Caio!


     TIme to write something here and post it as Nicola has done his job when he tasted with me an assortment of the BACCHANAL Import Wine Selections On June 11th, 2014 ,  and now it is finally time for me to do mine on Sunday, May 17th, 2015. Sorry for the long delay. I liked this Ried red is it of CASELFEDER in Alto Adige, Italy.





     I liked the reds from CASELFEDER Winery in Alto Adige, northeastern Italy. I wrote many notations on my sheet of paper that I have to find and include here as they will help me to remember and to complete my thoughts here on these dry reds and whites of castelfeder which include the white grapes of Muller-Thurgau and Pinot Grigio as well as the Pinot Noir grape that cam from Burgundy cuttings.





I love the web page for CASELFEDER Winery which includes twenty or more short video clips explaining what and how and why they do what they do : brilliant, very impressive.





     As I said I need to find my notes and include more here as I was pleased to meet and taste with Nicola at Cleveland Park Wine  Spirits where I am the wine manager, have been now for more than fifteen years, happily, industriously, engagingly and passionately, too. It is for wines like these that, in my opinion, ' add to the equation ' and show the world what is being produced, here since 1970 when Alfonso Giovanetti started and has the help and support of his family it seems from the photo I saw on their page.

     And with the help of Bacchanal Wine Imporst from new York city and owners Sheila Quinn and her husband Filippo Pistone, and Nicola of course, it seems that they have a great team to bring these wines to the attention of retailers like myself, to restaurants, etcetera, to get these wines to the attention of many people here in the United States. Bravo and stay-tuned for more photos and more about the wines.

     Cheers, happy Sunday all, May 17th, 2015.

PS : I need to meet Sheila Quinn as we both have the same name and are both interested in small, family-run, quality, distinct, characterful expressions of soil, terroir, climate grapes that make fine, unique liquid expressions for us all to enjoy!   Anthony  ( TONY ) Quinn

No comments: