Monday, March 16, 2015

Meeting And Tasting With Zach Rasmuson The Vice President And Chief Operating Officer Of DUCKHORN VINEYARDS @ Cleveland Park Wine And Spirits On Thursday February 26th, 2015 From 5-8PM and Having So Many Wonderful Memories Return In Our Conversation, Mentioning Both Dan Kravitz Of His Own Hand Picked Selections Imports And Eric Quinn As Well!










A couple of weeks ago Zach Rasmuson the Vice President and Chief Operations Officer of DUCKHORN Vineyards came to taste a selection of his fine DUCKHORN Vineyards and DECOY wines : Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Merlot and Pinot Noir,





 and we got to talking about wine and he mentioned he was an alumni at Saint John's College in Annapolis, Maryland, and that he was doing a wine seminar there with other CA. wine alumni on the weekend, John and Rory and Warren and I mentioned my trips out to California to these fine vineyards of STAGS LEAP WINE CELLARS





That would be nice. I would love to hear him, Warren, that is, talk about Steven Spurrier and how they got along or not? Cheers! Happy Monday all. @DianneCline now ... my tours at SAG'S LEAP WINE CELLARS, first in 1995 I believe and then later again in 1997 were both wonderful and memorable, and the team that took care of my father and I on our first visit, and then again later with the Forman Brothers sales team were fantastic, really top-of-the-line cordial and totally professional and memorable! Thanka again. TONY 3/1/ 2015



and FROGS LEAP Vineyards





 and the CALDER ESTATE wines , too






 and so I thought it would be fun to share some of this correspondence and ad material that I have collected over the years and that I am pleased to still have to conjure some of the great ememories with these fine wines and wineries that go back to the eighties in many cases.
The great thing is the way so much connects over the years and the fact is that John's son , Rory is now using these same Riesling grapes to make his own ' killer ' rendition of a Riesling that is rich and complex, multi-layered and quite remarkable, wines that we sell at Cleveland Park Wine & Spirits now along with his Carignan and Charbono, too. Just sold to om a bottle of the Charbono this past Saturday that he will include in a party that he is giving with variety and wonderful choices. Thanks Zach for getting me thinking about all of this once again. ( Go to for more info :Duckhorn Vineyards Stag's Leap Wine Cellars , Frogs Leap Winery , Frog's Leap Vineyard , Calder Estate Wines ) Thanks for tasting in the store on February 26th, 2015 ;we rocked that evening tasting! I continued to taste later, even into the next day the DUCKHORN Sauv. Blanc and Merlot and both sold well, and still showed well, even a day old. TONY 3/16/2015
Zach, did you remember to give my drawings / writings to each of John, Rory and Warren?
Like ·  · 







These are what I wrote, my ' word-writings ' to give each Jihn, Rory and Warren. Did you remember Zach? I hope they liked them! Cheers all. Fun. Exciting. memorable. Always. A big thrill, an honor, a treat. I remain humbled.   TONY  3/ 16 / 2015   Going to get up into the sixties they say today on this Monday when I am off!






No comments: