Saturday, April 19, 2014

Meeting Just Now , Saturday April 19th, 2014 Cristina from Belo Horizonte, Brasil $ Selling her SALTON Wines!

JUST HELPED Cristian with a difficult wine choice : she was going to see picky people about their wines that travel extensively and always push her wines back to the side on the counter and never open them when she visits. I told her that that makes me feel really bad and that we had to do something about it. " Where are you from ? " I ask Crustina . " Brazil. " she responds. " What?!? Then you have to take them a wine from Brazil! " " Noooooo! " she groans. " They are no good. We buy the wines from Argentina. " I said : " That's not true! They are good. You must take them a wine from Brazil! Blame me, Anthony Quinn, have them come see me if there's any problem! " She smiles, hesitates, as I reach for the SALTON Volpi Pinot Noir, $17.99, 13.5% alcohol by volume, Campanha Gaucha. She says out loud as I hand her the bottle : " Campanha Gaucha. " I ask her where she's from? Belo Horizante she says. My face lights up : " That's where I bought my mother a dress when I was a child and we were driving from Rio to Cristallina to buy Yopaz and other semi-precious stones ... I was only 6-7 years old then ... " It was a great serendipitous conversation and I can't wait to hear from Cristina that bought the Petit Chablis  DOMAINE JEAN CLAUDE COURTAULT 2011, $18.99, 12.5% alcohol by volume, and the " Intenso " espumante-likeProsecco , $14.99 from SALTON, and the SALTON Pinot Noir, too ... cheers,  Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn  4/19/2014 Happy Easter all, and it's the last day of Passover week, too ... cheers all ...  TONY a beautiful Saturday here in Cleveland Park Northwest, Washington D.C., 20008, baby blue skies, breezy, bright, clear skies, lovely - nice to be alive ...

No comments: