Friday, March 21, 2014

Thoroughly Enjoying The DOMAINE WENBACH ' Cuvee Theo " 2012 Dry Alsace Riesling From Laurence Faller & Danny Haas Last Night, Thursday The First Official Day Of Spring 2014, March 20th!





Nothing could have been more perfect : a slice of heaven-on-earth for me! I loved this, I really did. It was such a nice way to enjoy the first official day of Spring 2014, Thursday March 20th. First at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits in Northwest Washington D.C. with importer Danny Haas of the Vineyard Brands portfolio , and Sal Furfari of Bacchus Imports - as well as with Meaghan Frank the daughter of Willi Frank - both of the DR. KONSTANTIN FRANK New York State Finger Lakes wines, and then in the comfort of home here in northern Virginia with my daughter and wife.





There was a dinner waiting for me, almost ready, I stepped outside to see our fresh-blooming Daffodils, I then came inside and poured myself a glass of the Cuvee Theo 2012 Riesling of DOMAINE WEINBACH and enjoyed it alone, then with our dinner of boneless pork chops, rice and a garden-green tomato and asparagus salad and vinaigrette; and then alone again after this delightful dinner of conversation.




The Cuvee Theo just continued to impress and please me. I felt it's balance, warmth and charm and appeal with each taste. Each taste delighted and caught my attention. I was never let down - I was always drawn in, always made to notice, to pay closer attention, to follow the taste from start-to-finish to see and taste if anything was missing? Anything at all?!?





NO, NOTHING was missing, it was all there, beautifully-packaged, beautifully orchestrated, all in such style and finesse and fullness and completeness of taste. I was very impressed, very happy on this first official day of spring as I relaxed and enjoyed and reminisced about the times I had met and enjoyed being in the company of Laurence. Cheers to you all, merci infinement et a la prochaine fois. Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn 3/21/2014

































No comments: