Saturday, February 1, 2014

Five PERFECT WINES For Today & Tonight's Celebration Of The Year Of The Horse & The Chinese New Year's Events! Four Tasted By Sam Farran : Pecorino 2012 Dry White Of TALAMONTI, Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 Of SEAN MINOR, Napa Merlot 2009 Of LEGEND, Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva Especial ' Sibaris ' of UNDURRAGA, Chile, ALSO : FORREST Estate N. Z. Marlborough 2004 Dry Riesling ( Not being Tasted )! ALL 5 Also Fine With Tomorrow's SUPER BOWL Game!!


JOIN US With SAM FARRAN later this Saturday afternoon , February 1st, 2014 : The Year Of The Horse Celebration, Chinese New Year! We have Sam Farran of International Cellars here to pour. OH : These wines will also work for Tomorrow's Super Bowl game, too!





1) Pecorino Colli Pescaresi TRABOCCHETTO Dry Italian indigenous white called Pecorino from TALAMONTI : dry , mineral, good body, good structure, great citrus : medium body - some fine white to cut through sauces and extra food flavors!

2) Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa Valley, $21.99 : great wine, great balance, fruit-forward, fruit-driven, fruit-bright : medium bodied, a real delight! Great sipping , also fine with food, casual or formal.

3) Merlot 2009 Napa Valley from LEGEND, $21.99, : has something very unique and very special in it's taste and profile, it really stands out - distinct, tasty, and fine with many flavorful foods!

4) 100% Cabernet Sauvignon " Sibaris " D.O. Maipo Valley, Chile from UNDURRAGA, the Reserve Especial , $19.99, : Earthy, pithy, rustic, dusty-dry plum-prune-accented : medium-bodied, great for the tang and sharp , angular food flavors in the sauces or the food itself!

NOT BEING TASTED :

5) FORREST Estate 2004 Marlborough Dry Riesling On Special for $14.99, originally $28.99 : flavorful, dry, great character, great body, lively, bright, rich and fully-developed - a ' wonder ' it surely is!

JOIN US 2-6PM with Sam Farra, Saturday, Feb. 1st, 2014 No Charge!    TONY



" May I help you? " I asked Laure. " Yes. " she said with a smile and relief as she looked at our American white wine selections. " I need something for tonight for a Chinese New Year's celebration. A white wine. " " Okay. What do you want to spend? What do you not want to spend over? "  Laure pauses, a slight pain in her expression. " Certainly not more than $20, $15 would be really nice. But definitely not a Riesling! " "I pause a couple of seconds and say : " They make dry Riesling that you would like, and would go really well with your celebration tonight. " " Really?! " answers Laure with surprise. " Really. " I say. " I've got a New Zealand FORREST Estate 2004 Dry Riesling On Special for $14.99 that was normally $28.99 a bottle. " I walk over to show here. " I don't want to argue with the expert. You're the expert. " I smile and reach for the bottle and say : " This is a discussion, no need to argue. " I explain more and Laure says : " This won't me look bad? " I said : " Certainly not. It will make you look great. Trust  me, why would I want to sell you a bottle that did anything but that? " I continued : " This is a really important occasion and I want you to shine. " I smiled. Laure seemed okay with this and went to pay. I had thought whether we had a bottle with an image or reference to a horse on it for $15 but could not think of anything quickly enough. I told her about John Forrest the owner and said that horses were quite comfortable in the forrest! Now we just have to wait and see : will Laure start a new lore about herself and this evening when she brings this FORREST Estate 2004 Riesling from Marlborough, New Zealand to her evening celebration tonight, Saturday February 1st, 20014 ... the Year of The Horse ... cheers,  Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn  2/1/14

No comments: