Saturday, January 18, 2014

SALTON Wines From Brazil Pave The Way With " Fighting " Pricing & Quality Here In Washington D.C. To Gain Shelf Space In Stores & To Make Their Presence Known! Congrats SALTON : Bravo!!!

I am pleased to see this here but sad that it does not also include the Moscatel espumante that's fruity and off-dry, as well as the dry and flavorful Tannat red that represents such great value at only $11.99 a bottle! The Moscatel sparkling and the Intenso Non-Vintage brut at $14.99 a bottle , the Flowers at $10.99, and the Pinot Noir at $17.99 I believe are also " true values ". What makes SALTON as a line of Brazilian wines work so well for us at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits is the pricing and the quality ratio : " fighting values " today - agora - for a challenging time when there's lots of competition! No one knows these wines today, not even Brazilians that shop with us. We are both teachers and providers of " new " experiences to our customers that we hope will enrich their lives. We have worked really hard to expose as many people to these fine SALTON wines and we ended up the year really strongly at Cleveland Park last year as Mike Cavanagh that has helped us can attest to! Thanks Mike, thanks Katie. We have lots more work, and many more people to win over. But with this affordable pricing from both SALTON and from A & M we have the necessary tools to make a real impact and the presence of Brazil known finally here at least in Washington D.C., and we should now contact the Brazilian Embassy here and see if we cannot do an event there and invite many of our customers and work to make even a greater impact, with Carnival coming? Let's call and arrange something? What do you all think? Cheers,  Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn  1/18/14


JUST HELPED Cristian with a difficult wine choice : she was going to see picky people about their wines that travel extensively and always push her wines back to the side on the counter and never open them when she visits. I told her that that makes me feel really bad and that we had to do something about it. " Where are you from ? " I ask Crustina . " Brazil. " she responds. " What?!? Then you have to take them a wine from Brazil! " " Noooooo! " she groans. " They are no good. We buy the wines from Argentina. " I said : " That's not true! They are good. You must take them a wine from Brazil! Blame me, Anthony Quinn, have them come see me if there's any problem! " She smiles, hesitates, as I reach for the SALTON Volpi Pinot Noir, $17.99, 13.5% alcohol by volume, Campanha Gaucha. She says out loud as I hand her the bottle : " Campanha Gaucha. " I ask her where she's from? Belo Horizante she says. My face lights up : " That's where I bought my mother a dress when I was a child and we were driving from Rio to Cristallina to buy Yopaz and other semi-precious stones ... I was only 6-7 years old then ... " It was a great serendipitous conversation and I can't wait to hear from Cristina that bought the Petit Chablis  DOMAINE JEAN CLAUDE COURTAULT 2011, $18.99, 12.5% alcohol by volume, and the " Intenso " espumante-likeProsecco , $14.99 from SALTON, and the SALTON Pinot Noir, too ... cheers,  Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn  4/19/2014 Happy Easter all, and it's the last day of Passover week, too ... cheers all ...  TONY a beautiful Saturday here in Cleveland Park Northwest, Washington D.C., 20008, baby blue skies, breezy, bright, clear skies, lovely - nice to be alive ...

I was tagged in a recent picture of the SALTON Winery/ mansion in Bento Goncalves Serra Gaucha, Brasil by Vinicius and Sergio commented on it with me and this is part of the conversation so far : enjoy ..

  • Anthony Quinn I will have to go some day Vinicius! TONY Happy Sunday!!! Cheers, Bom dia ,,,
    2 hrs · Like · 1
  • Sergio Cardona D+ essa foto...
    1 hr · Like · 1
  • Anthony Quinn So you do not like the Salton wines or you do not like this photo of Salton Sergio? A D+ in the United States is not good, it is very poor. So, if that is what it means then why is this only a D+? I would really like to know, and what is an A+? Cheers, TONY 6/22/2014
    1 hr · Like · 1
  • Sergio Cardona Dear Tony!!. Here in Brazil the word D+ would refer to a very cool event spetacular. Some people use when they want to express a beautiful place, such as in the case of this wonderful winery in the city of Bento Gonçalves, Rio Grande do Sul...
    1 hr · Like
  • Anthony Quinn What does the D stand for - any word that it is short for? Thanks you for explaining this to me because I did not understand. What wine do you like best from SALTON? Cheers, obregado, bom dia to you. TONY
    1 min · Like

I will include more as it happens   TONY, cheers, happy Sunday all, 6/22/2014

No comments: