Thursday, January 23, 2014

Meeting Owner / Winemaker Ana Keller Of The KELLER ESTATE Petaluma CA. Wines, Tasting Five, Wanting To Buy Four For February 2014! I Wrote : " Fruit Driven From Start-To-Finish " Bravo Ana!

Ana Keller came by the other day and tasted Michel Dumas and me on some really special wines that she makes in California from the KELLER Estate Vineyards/Winery. We tried five and all five were excellent. We talked about an order and when I asked Michel he said that everything except the " flagship wine", the " El Coro " 2009 Pinot Noir he could see selling here. I agree with him on this and really liked the " Oro de Plata " 2009 Chardonnay the best of this group of five wines. It spoke to me for it's refinement, elegance, clarity and brightness that we will sell at $39.99 a bottle, and it's worth every penny, too! I was also really impressed with the " Rotie " 2010, $84.99, that had a great bouquet that drew me in immediately : So bright, not heavy in the least, " welcomes you in immediately " I continued : " So lively, like a dance, a flamenco! Colorful, explosive, animated, engaging, a casual appealing pageantry! " These were my two favorites. I also did like the " La Cruz Vineyard " Chardonnay, 2009, $43.99, but the bigger, bolder taste was not as engaging or did not permit me into it to romp and dance and frolic as mush as the " Oro de Plata " Chardonnay 2009. I also liked the 2009 " La Cruz Vineyard " 2009 Pinot Noir and wrote : " great clarity. " That's a whole world of everything good for me in a wine. Cheers, hola, bonjour, hello Ana, what a fine visit this was! I am sorry to have taken so long to write this but I have been waiting for the pictures from Chuck and then the beautiful blanket of white snow has covered us all up here recently with a chilling COLD and WIND from the North and so BRAVO now - ahora-agora to you and everyone at KELLER Estate Vineyards in California. Come do an in-store wine-tasting soon with our customers! Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn 1/23/14

I will include the pictures taken by our fabulous Lanterna Distributors, Inc. rep Chuck as soon as I have them with more commentary, too. Cheers and Happy New Year 2014 everyone!      It sure is cold here in Northwest , Washington D.C. at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits where I manage the wine department at 3423 Connecticut Avenue. N.W. Washington D.C., 20008, tel : 202-363-4265, anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwines.com  this fine sunny, blue-skied, cold, breezy morn!    TONY

No comments: