Monday, December 16, 2013

Southern Distributors Imports In Florida Sells MIOLO Wines & I Have Not Seen Or Heard Any Mention Of This Thus Far In Washington D.C.!?! What's The Hold-Up?!? Hello Out There, Wake Up!!!!

I'm not happy, I have invested time and energy thus far for many years in selling the MIOLO wines, both still and sparkling of the Serra Gaucha region of Brazil, and would like to continue doing so now in 2014. What do I have to do? Whom do I have to call?!? Why is no one mentioning them yet thus far to us at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits in Washington D.C.?

Let this be a wake-up call to all you suited execs in Florida that the world that will appreciate the fine wines of Brazil is larger than Florida or New York alone. I'd like a chance to work with them again. How about getting Michel Dumas and Anthony Quinn ( me ) some examples so that we may taste what is currently in the bottles? That would be a start. That would be nice. I would appreciate that.












     I never did meet family-member Morgana Miolo and that was a tactical error on both our parts as that would have been very special to me as I had come quite a distance and my whole framework until arriving in Brazil was MIOLO and MARCUS JAMES ( when the wines that I sold in the eighties were actually from Brazil ). But I have to say that oenologue Gustavo did a superb job showing me around and then tasting me. What a special treat : I felt very special and really well taken care of by Gustavo that knew his wines, knew their makeup, their history and the land from where they came and really did speak quite well about them , and made them come alive even more for me than I would have been able to accomplish on my own. Obregado mille Gustavo!






     I will write more, this is just a start, just a : teaser " to get your attention. Cheers,  Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn  12/1/6/13




     Here I am holding a bottle of the Brut Espumante sparkling non-vintage MIOLO that I was able to get from Flavius Cucu when we introduced the wines of Brazil to our rapt audience. I want to give a big " shout out " for Flavius. He was the one to bring MIOLO to my attention and give me the " Miolo bug " that I have had ever since for both the still red and whites as well as this excellent esoumante sparkling brut I am holding up and talking about as we toast our " new venture " in Flavius Cucu's wine warehouse in Herndon, Virginia.

     Flavius let me us his warehouse space to hold court and wax-poetic about the wines of Brazil that I had recently discovered during a ten-day trip to Brazil in late June 2012. This picture was taken in mid August 2012. I did not have any wines yet from Brazil to show those coming to hear what we would soon have to offer and so I asked Flavius if he would let us start with his four or so different MIOLO wines there in the warehouse and he said : " Sure. "

     We were going to import the wines through Flavius and have him warehouse them there. That was the plan. We would not be importing the MIOLO wines becasue they were already represented by Southern. We knew all this and yet here we were using them to promote and draw attention to the fine wines of Brazil because we already believed in the - Flavius and me. That was enough.

     Even though Southern Distributor Imports has an exclusive to sell them in the United States Flavius can still sell them in Virginia because he was there first. I like this. You deserve it Flavius, you did the job well and you deserve to sell them in Virginia and make the profit from those sales. You did it, you did it all alone. Bravo!

     This mid August 2012 tasting of the MIOLO wines as I spoke about Brazil and it's wines and all it's potential here in the United States, it's right to be here and well-represented with all the other international wines was a huge success. It was a great beginning and I am thrilled to say that MIOLO stepped up to the plate and represented Brazil well as we took our first srep to getting more of Brazil's fine wines here to the United States.




     Impressive. Obregado Miolo!  Cheers, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn  12/16/2013

No comments: