Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Reconnecting With A Bottle of The TAI Di CASTELCOSA By Franco Furlan That's From The Eighties Or Nineties, No Vintage Date, Diadonally-Slanted Label, Necker That Hangs Down By White String/Chord : Unmistakable!


This all takes me way back to the Mayflower Wines & Spirits days when we sold hundreds of cases of the Franco Furlan wines ( there were almost ten of them I believe then? ) : I will have to count them all, what fun that will be. Anyway, I just wanted to say that as I think of Alessandro Furlan these days and remember the great old days we spent together in the past at the Mayflower Wines & Spirits selling his family's wines as well as other Italian wines that we direst-imported at the time.

I saved this bottle. My wife and I drank it years ago and now it sits here on our coffee table by my cup of coffee, and it is now filled with my own homemade white vinegar that is actually unfiltered and quite murky : a creamy tan-honey rich brown color that looks as enticing as it does mysterious! I will open and use it sometime. For now it is the loyal guardian of a time way, way LONG ago that I want to remember and shine light on as it was a formative, valuable time for many of us in the food and wine enjoyment and business-level of it, too!

I have more to say but will post this for the moment and return to it later. Cheers. I do have some current Franco Furlan reds to sell at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits in Northwest, Washington D.C., 20008, Tel : 202-363-4265 for you all to come and purchase and enjoy this holiday season of 2013. Cheers, Happy holidays all.  Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn  12/17/13

No comments: