Sunday, December 22, 2013

It's Now An Unofficial Official Ritual & Part Of The Loose-Tight-Knit Fabric Of The Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits Family In Cleveland Park , Northwest, Washington D.C., 20008 When Melanie Asher Of MACCHU PISCO & Her Aunt Rosa Make & Offer Pisco Sours To Our Customers, Gracia Dos Lindas Senoritas!!






It was such a great surprise to see Melanie Asher and her Aunt Rosa that came by earlier and poked their heads into our office at the same time and surprised and overwhelmed me with joy that just erupted up and out of me as I quickly rose from my seat to embrace them both and welcome them to the store! Wow, what a treat, what a pleasure! They cam bearing a beautiful cake of some kind all beautifully packaged and adorned in holidays shiny colors and paper that reflected all the light around it. Thanks - gracias Melanie e Aunt Rosa, muchas gracias lindas senoritas! It's so good - it was so good to see you and spend some time with you, to have you taste with Estebe earlier his Spanish wines, cavas and sherries, too. We love your LA DIABLADA and MACCHU PISCO piscos that we sell, and I am glad to have given you an order to send to us this Monday as I could see we were getting low and need to have plenty to sell through the holidays. I also hope that we can set up a last tasting with you both of the year to ring in the " New Year " in a great way? What days are you both free? let us know and we will MAKE SOME NOISE for your excellent Peruvian piscos! And MAKE EVEN MORE NOISE for the Pisco Sours that the two of you make and share with all our customers, those are a frothy wonderland of cream and confection and your special pisco and the lemon juice and that accented splash of Angostura of Bitters from Trinidad that makes us all rise up and bubble up and over with joy just like I did earlier when I saw you both! Feliz Navidad los dos lindas chicas! Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn e hasta luego ... TONY 12/21/13



Here's a picture from the first Peru Fashion Night, held last night at the Grand Hyatt Washington hotel. Macchu Pisco was proud to have participated in this terrific event. Central in the picture are Peruvian Ambassador Harold Forsyth and Cultural Attache Flor Diaz.


It's all about family and community and trying to work together. We have worked with Melanie and Aunt Rosa going back many years : I cannot remember, was it 2006 or 2007 that we started to promote MACCHO PISCO? I think so : I have photos from back then I believe. We did some holiday tastings and I have pictures of that, too. I will find and post them as they are priceless, really wonderful memories of times that we worked to teach our customers about what Peruvian Pisco is and how it is different from brandy and Armagnac and Cognac. We have spoken about the grapes, the ones that give and add more flavor and character. We have also shown how great the taste can be of the Pisco in making a really fine Pisco Sour. I remember years ago having Melanie or Aunt Rosa give me my first to try that they made in our office with their blender. Wow, it amazed and so pleased me so completely, I was hooked, line and sinker - hooked! I believe it was Aunt Rosa that offered me my first Pisco and then Melanie that handed me my second. I accepted it readily, Just like In Cassablanca : it was the start of a beautiful relationship that continues to grow. Cheers, happy New Year 2014, happy holidays everyone : GO PERU! Our  good friend Kim and her group of ladies went recently and climbed four four days and nights stopping to sleep and drink and eat : beer and Pisco I believe, and good food, too!  Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn  12/22/13

No comments: