Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Bottling My Home-Made Vinegar In An Empty Bottle Of FOSSI Chianti Classico Reserva, 12.7% alc. By Volume Thanks To Andrea Fossi, His Father, The Mayflower Wines & Spirits & Sidney Moore & Michael Downey, Aaron & Helen Milman, & Chef Of The Old Le Rivage Restaurant, Alain Planche That Gave Me A Small Wine Barrel Years Ago To Make My Own Vinegar : Merci Alain!


Any of you remember Le Rivage restaurant on the waterfront down by Maine Avenue where there's a fresh seafood market by the bridge and not far from the JeffersoN Memorial? Well, I used to know, still do, the owners, two Frenchmen Aain Planche the chef and Didier the general manager of the dining room that looked out onto the Potomac River. Anyway, Alain gave me a small wine barrel with a Mother-culture to make my red vinegar. I still have it, I still make it, and this Monday i bottled what I had made already , and it was really thick and cloudy and pungent as I bottled it outside in the IndiaN Summer sunshine of the day. One of the bottles that I filled was from my old Mayflower days working with Michael downey and SidnEy Moore. Andrea Fossi that makes chianti still came over as a young man to learn the retail business and learn English. We used to sell his father's chiantis that dated all the way back to 1958 ( I still have a bottle of the 1961 ), and so I filled a bottle of the 1959 Chianti Classico Reserva, from Fiesole, 12.7% alcohol bu volume, imported by the Mayflower Wines 7 Spirits inHyattsville, Maryland, with a faded tan-looking round sticker on the back that says : " ITALIA MarchiO Nazionale ". Talk about a step-back in time : a time capsule if you will. Cheers to you and your father Andrea, i miss you! Have a great holiday season in Florence, Italy! Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn 11/20/13 WEdnesday late morning here sitting on my couch at home in the sunshine before work in northern Virginia.

No comments: