Friday, September 20, 2013

@ Ripple Restaurant Fri. Sept. 19th, 2013 For Winebow Wine-Tasting W/ Filippo Zardetto, Clara Gentili of Fattoria Le Pupille, Angela Maculan, Guido Orzalesi Of ALTESINO & Salvatore Galati Of Winebow Imports!

What a fine wine-tasting : Italian, Greek and French wines! Cheers,  Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn 9/20/13   Caio, Bravo e a presto!   Grazie ...



YESTERDAY @ Ripple Restaurant Winebow Imports hosted a great wine-tasting and I met : 

1) Angela Maculan of her family's Veneto winery called MACULAN. We have the excellent PINO & TOI dry white blend of Pinot Bianco, Pinot Grigio and Tocai that's flavorful and dry and only $10.99. LOVED her 2 reds : 1) Brentino IGT Merlot 2011, and the Cabernet Sauvignon  Palazzotto DOC 2010 - so elegant, airy, fruit-forward, fresh, BRIGHT and lively : gravity-defying BOTH!

 I ALSO MET :

 2) Clara Gentili ( pubbliche relazioni ) ofFATTORIA LE PUPILLE that in Tuscany, in Maremma and also in Morellino di Scansano makes fine reds - I tasted three, I LOVED the basic, less-expensive one. Will have to order some ASAP!

    ALSO I MET : 

3) Guido Orzalesi from ALTESINO in Tuscany and tried four FABulous reds, I loved the 3rd that came in a burgundy-style bottle that really impressed me to " no-end " - was it the 100% Sangiovetto Grosso 2008 DOCG Brunello? I'm calling for clarification now?

ALSO MET :

4) Filippo Zardetto of ZARDETTO SPUMANTI SRL that makes five spumanti sparkling Veneto wines from Valdobbiadene and around the region. I LOVED the Organic 100% Glera Brut NV, the Tre Venti-Three Winds Single Vineyard Brut NV 100% Glera, and the Rose NV 100% Rabosso. Wonderful!

I WILL TALK about GREECE in the next entry here! Cheers, Come check these out! What wonderful wines.   Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn  9/20/13 Happy Friday, happy weekend, it's gorgeous here today, really beautiful.  TONY

No comments: