Thursday, August 8, 2013

Remember The Aussie TATACHILLA Vineyard Wines That Were So Popular Back In The Eighties & Nineties?!? Whatever Happened To Them? Who Bought Them? Cheers! 8/8/13

Remember the Aussie wine TATACHILLA? It was BIG years ago. I used to have Jay Youmans come of then Rock Creek Wine Merchants come and present the wines to us, with Chris Collins coming sometimes, too. The TATACHILLA wines were a mid-tier line of really tasty " value Aussie " wines in many flavors, tastes and styles. People knew and asked for them frequently. They were advertised frequently, too. SO : why am I thinking of TATACHILLA now so many years later. Jay is now a Master-Of-Wine and gives many classes, some of which I know you have taken. Jay has bought for his classes over the years many wines from Cleveland Park, the hard-to-get-ones. We still talk on the phone. Chris Collins has moved to California and has done well out there in the wholesaler rep business I believe?  A MENTION TATACHILLA because years ago Jay Youmans presented me with a lovely navy-blue-and-white shirt that I am wearing today : and miraculously, it looks MARVELOUS!! Yes, there's my daughter's cat hair on it, that's okay, but the color and the fit and the feel and the comfort all are still there. SO : whatever else survives of the TATACHILLA Aussie wines this shirt given to me as a gift/ as a " thank you " for selling and promoting TATACHILLA wines still survives to remind me of it's story from my involvement, with those that were involved in it's sale. I never did meet anyone from TATACHILLA I do not believe? You never brought anyone buy from the winery did you Jay? Tell us here if you did? That would be nice to hear. I guess my point is that for me the wines were good and worth selling, but it's more than just the wine, it's also the people and the stories behind them that count as well to me. DO ANY OF YOU have any TATACHILLA stories? Share them here if you do. Cheers, Happy Thursday August 8th, 2013.  Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn   here in Cleveland Park neighborhood, a " happenin' place " in Northwest, Washington D.C. 20008  202-363-4265    STOP ON BY anytime!

No comments: