Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Visiting & LIKING ... Ristorante CASA VISONE ( In 2011 ) & NOW ... LOVING It Recently, 2013 In Martinsburg, West Virginia : I Recommend You Drive There & Dine There, Too : ENJOY!!

I wrote and published this back on Tuesday, August 2011 , and have returned since with my brother and mother and like it even better NOW in 2013 as there are more excellent choices. Cheers, Enjoy, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn   7/16/13

Read what I wrtie below in the Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits store email that I write and post weekly on Tuesdays. Cheers.

IT WAS FUN, HOWEVER, as my mother and I discovered a really " fine eat " in
Martinsburg, West Virginia. Two good customers recommended it to me when we
were talking about Italian wine. My mother and I both had a glass of the house
chianti instead of buying a bottle of the COLTIBUONO 2008 Chianti Classic ( on
their list for $30 a bottle. I told Sonia that owners Francesca and Roberto of
COLTIBUONO had both been here in our store tasting with customers. She asked me
if we had some Bonarda because it is her favorite red to drink. She was
delighted when I told her we had some from Oltrepo Pavese. She's bringing her
children to the National Zoo and then stopping to see us here and then perhaps
going over to see Pietro at Sorriso as they are both from Veneto ). That was
simply too much for us to drink and I had to drive and so one glass over a
leisurely lunch was perfect. We dined at CASA VISONE , an Italian bistro owned
by Eva and Francesco Visone. Francesco is from Florence, Italy and Eva is from
South Carolina.

CASA VISONE is located at : 120 N. Queen Street, Martinsburg, WV 25401 (
304-260-9294 ) and we both recommend it highly. Sonia from Veneto, Italy was
our waitress and she was lovely and charming and really helped to set the mood
and cement the occasion and the meal for us both. Check it out if you are up in
that area ever. They are open for lunch and dinner and you can get take-out,
too. Really a lovely " find " for us and I know that we will return as the food
is excellent, the prices are very fair and the atmosphere is lovely, too.

No comments: