Sunday, July 28, 2013

Tasting Today With Regis Of Roanoke Imports This Thursday, July 25th, 2013 W/ Michel Dumas & Anthony Quinn ( Me ) The ELYSE 2010 Petite Sirah, California Red : Cheers!

Hello Elyse Winery! TODAY, Thursday, July 25th, 2013 here in our Northwest Washington D.C. neighborhood of Cleveland Park, in Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits 3423 Conn. Ave. Michel Dumas and Anthony Quinn ( me ) have enjoyed / discovered for the first time your 2010 Petite Syrah that was brought to us earlier by Regis our friend and local rep for Roanoke Imports in Virginia. Regis stopped by and your wine was the fifth for us to taste, with 14.5% alcohol by volume I wrote : '' Fruit-forward, good, elegant balance - nice now , medium body. ... I had just come back into the store from getting my lunch at CHIPOTLE and I did not know that your ELYSE Petite Sirah, 2010 would be awaiting my return. Regis was nice enough to pour me some to enjoy with my meal of white rice, black beans, pulled pork and a corn dip of some sort. I tried it and some of the sharpness-hardness of the wine was showing then and so I left my glass here and am just returning to it now. Perhaps three hours later NOW the wine is softer, brighter, rounder and with less edge and bite that it had when I finally sat down to enjoy my lunch after Regis' visit.... I just had another sip : a touch of plum and dried prune, dry, dusty-dry yet a fruit that's well integrated with the wood it sees?!? It's a food wine, I should have chilled it slightly : it's warm here by my desk and computer. It's showing well again as it was when I first sipped it. But it has warmed up and need to be chilled perhaps 30 minutes. Cheers, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn I am thrilled to discover this, we will order it - have ordered if from Regis to arrive here the first week of August, 2013. I am reminded again today tasting your wine how it is a living thing like you and me and that temperature is essential when tasting, enjoying and evaluating wine. Respect, too. Cheers and thanks. Go to our Facebook page and please LIKE us as we have just LIKED you, TONY Happy Thursday, it's less humid, hot and bright and blue-skied and LOVELY here now. Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn 7/25/13
( I copied and pasted this from the ELYSE WINERY Facebook page : I hope that you do not mind? Cheers - TONY ) WE ALSO HAVE and sell at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits at 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 THE " Happenin' Neighborhood ", the dry white Rhone No-Stranger blend of grapes on our shelves that is our best-seller of ELYSE WINERY these days. I need to recommend it NOW some more having tried the Petite Sirah 2010. I will include vintage and price once back at work. I am home and just wanted to add this now as it is all so very fresh and vital and important in my life NOW. SEIZE the NOW, SEIZE the HOUR, TRY ON for SIZE,FIT & FEEL these two delightful wines from ELYSE WINERY and see - taste - smell - imagine - dream - FANtaSIZE them and you, and your interaction, your play, your jousting, your engagement, your roles, your parts, your stage and get comfortable, relax, lose the stress, accept your own palate, OWN it, be PROUD of it, do not FIGHT IT : WORK with it, reJOYce-VOICEyourOWN in IT, these two wines and whatever else at the moment : it's all yours - LUXURiATE-EAT-DRINK UP it ALL. Yes, I'm an artist, a poet, a bit of a showman, a bit of the sane, the insane, the tame, the LEWD/LUDicrous,too! Hope you enjoy and do not mind the mix : it's all ME, the package, the flame, the joy , the OHHHH BOYYYYY! Cheers, Happy Sunday, July 28th, 2013

No comments: