Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Reconnecting With / Going Down Memory Lane With Rudi Wiest / ILNA Selections/ Cellars International, Inc From 1990, Tasting 27 German Vineyards' Wines From The 1989 Great Vintage To Now, W/ FRITZ HAAG Mosel Riesling Kabinett On Special@ $16.99 A Bottle! Cheers !! ENJOY!!!

I wrote this earlier today, Wednesday, July 17th, 2013, inspired by seeing the picture I took awhile ago of a FRITZ HAAG German Riesling bottle @ Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits in our Cleveland Park neighborhood in Northwest, Washington D.C. 20008 where I have now managed the wine department for fourteen years! I first encountered the Rudi Wiest Selection of Fine German wines back in 1989 or so when I worked at Laurent Selections along with  Linda and Susan that managed the office, with President Laurent Vonderheyden, with Pascale Salvadori, Alan Cohen, Ed the warehouse manager, and Mark Nichols briefly, too. A wonderful trip down Memory Lane from 1989-present, Wednesday, July 17th, 2013! Wow, that's many lifetimes, many lifelines ago. And still here to tell about it : gotta LOVE that, I certainly do. Cheers,  TONY   ... and enjoy ...

From importer Rudi Wiest in California, he imports really good wines from germany! I'm looking now on my desk at home at an old 1990 catelogue of German wines tasted here in Baltimore , Maryland years ago of the great 1989 vintage and the same wine of 1989, 1) Kabinett was $15.99 on the shelf, the 2) Spatlese was $24.99 a bottle, and the 3) Auslese was just around $39-$40 a bottle on the shelf, with magnums of the 4) Auslese, numbered and signed were $90 cost to us, and I do not know if that's for one bottle, for three or for six bottles? I suspect it for one bottle! Wow, what fun, what history. I went to this tasting years ago and came away with a wealth of stories, experiences and positive vibes, mostly all that pointed me into making this statement : " Germany makes really fine wines, my problem never is which ones to buy, but how much can I afford to buy! ". Cheers, come by and buy some of this fine Braunenberger that we have On Special : just a few bottles left! TONY 7/17/13
I wrote this on the web page of Fritz Haag, Brauneberger , Mosel, German wines earlier this evening. I was referring to a catalogue that Laurent Selections Limited 3434 Bledensberg Rd, Brentwood, Maryland , 20722 Tel: 301-927-1105 Telex : 9102501284 Fax : 301-927-2633 offered when we did the 1989 Rudi Wiest Selections / Cellars International, Inc German Wine Tasting in Baltimore, Maryland back in 1990 sometime? Seems like so many lifetimes ago! Cheers and enjoy, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn Wednesday night, July 17th, 2013 Twenty-seven vineyards were represented from the Mosel-Saar-Ruwer, Rheingau, Rheinpfalz, Franken, Nahe, Rheinhessen, Baden and Wuerttember regions of Germany! What an experience of a lifetime! Wish I could do it all over again. THOSE WERE THE DAYS MY FRIEND ... lyrics from a very popular song once , long ago ... TONY

No comments: