Thursday, July 25, 2013

Anthony Quinn's ( My ) Response To Stephen Klein's Morning Email Today, Thursday July 25th, 2013 On The DAOU Vineyards & Winery Wines Michel Dumas & I Tasted Yesterday W/ Tom Our Local Southern Imports Rep & Stephen Klein : We Really Liked Most Of The Wines

Michel Dumas and Anthony ( me ) Quinn tasted these excellent California wines of Paso Robles, California's DAOU Vineyards & Winery wines ( " On Top of Daou Mountain - Brothers grow and bottle premium Bordeaux-style wines in Paso Robles " - a story written by Andrew Adams in WINEMAKING Technical Review ) . Michel and I liked three-four of the wines we tasted very much and will have them soon here. Stephen wrote this to me today and I thought it would be fun to share it here as the wines are really fine and have an amazing story of two brothers from Lebanon that made it here in the United States. It's an increbible story with wines that really do have a place here, certainly here in our store where we like to promote and talk about small wineries that have both a vision and a dream still and are not just about a concept, then a label, and then something to put into the " concept bottle " as the last step. Cheers, thanks Stephen and Ton ( our local rep from Southern Distributors ) : here's the email and response : Thanks Stephen. I referred to the tasting of these wines throughout the day. It was a wonderful eye-opener for me and I enjoyed the wines, the Green-labelled Chardonnay and the Cabernet Franc-based wines, too. What Chateau was the brother a cellar rat at in Bordeaux? We will let Tom know when we can get the wines, the best thing is for you and he both to send a reminder the first week of August to us. Cheers, TONY Would the owners or one of them enjoy using our store for an in-store wine-tasting to showcase their wines? ALSO : check out our active Facebook page at : Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and my blogs at : chatwine.blogspot.com : BOTH of which I work at daily . We have to work together as a team. Cheers, Happy Thursday, July 25th, 2013 : it's cool and breezy here with no humidity so-to-speak-of TODAY : incredible way to start the day, and what a relief after so much heat and humidity and having the space around you suck the life from us... TONY On Jul 24, 2013, at 3:25 PM, Stephen Klein wrote: ... ( I just added this a few minutes ago, 4:22PM - cheers, TONY ) ... It was impressive yesterday Karen as the wines continued to expand and to evolve in our glasses : the fruit came out slowly and gracefully : with all three dry reds being in balance from start-t0-finish. My IMMEDIATE COMMENT to Michel, Stephen and Ton was : what finesse, what elegance, what breed and so balanced and subtle, not heavy-handed, not too tannic or too alcoholic, no columns of flavor that I could neither enter, wrap myself or my tongue and palate around : I liked these Paso Robles reds and was surprised and pleased by my reactions. They tasted more like real wine to me, like wine in balance, like wine I love from Europe, like the Lebanese wines of LOVE from Serge Hochar ( that I have met and tasted now with three times? ) and also from MASAYA that is owned in part by a Bordeaux house as well as the brothers of Chateauneuf-du-Pape : Vieux Telegraph : both of which I sell here. I have met two of the three principles of MASAYA, the young gentleman from Lebanon and one of the two brothers, the one that promotes but does not make the wines! Cheers : it's an exciting worked indeed Karen , George and Daniel! Take care, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn 7/25/13

No comments: