Saturday, May 25, 2013

Putting The Pieces Together About FARNESE Vini Italian Wines Of Ortona ( CH ) , Past & Present As Filtered In Stories By Anthony Quinn ( Me ) , Monday May 13th, 2013 : Cheers Camillo De Iuliis!

/// ... Years ago, actually on June 5th, 2007 Camillo De Iuliis ( President ) of FARNESE Vini S.r.1. ( Sede legale : Via dei Bastioni Castello Cardora 66026 OTTONA ( CH ) - Italy Tel. 085 /9067388 r.a. - Fax 085/9067389 , www.farnese-vini.com came to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits in Northwest, Washington D.C., 20008, Tel:202-363-4265 and tasted his current releases available through Neil Empson Imports. I am sure that Franceen Rosensweig brought him to us as she always did when an owner or a winemaker would visit Washington D.C. We / I , of course LOVE this and am thrilled that for many of those in the business that we are a " destination place ", and that a visit to us is important. Thank you Franceen, thank you all for this. I do treasure this. /// ... Camillo wrote : " Meeting you was a great pleasure. Thanks you for having Farnese wines in your Emporium " . signed C. De Iuliis. /// ... I haver this story as well as the one from " The Rocks " , at the Irish Hotel / Pub in Sidney, Australia to add to this, as well as our current one with who I refer to now affectionately as the " Godfather " of wines from the lesser-known United States, Jim Stutsman when he requested some of the FARNESE dry white Trebbiano. He had just had some in a local restaurant with his friends and they all thought it was a really good bottle of wine and that it also represented a great value, too. /// ... Here I will include some of the pictures of my trip to Australia in 2005 I think it was to perhaps a picture or two of Jim Stutsman. I do not know if I have any of Camillo. I will look and will include them if I have them of his visit to see us on June 5th, 2007. /// ... /// ... ... /// ... /// The gentleman pictured here above with the big grin on his face in The Rocks, Sidney, Australia is the gentleman that was selling the FARNESE Italian wines in Australia. I never asked him what his territory was? Too bad. I think I have a business card from him and I made a serious effort to find it a couple of night's ago. I will continue my search because I would love to include that information here. I was impressed with his enthusiasm for the FARNESE wines as we sat there tasting some of the " specialty Aussie " wines that our gracious host was sharing with us there with our lunch. I was such a special moment for Chris Pigott of the Country Vintner and me of Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits here at 3423 Connecticut Avenue Northwest, Washington D.C. 20008 in the Cleveland Park neighborhood. I must have thought of or mentioned Franceen Kahng that worked for Palm Bay Imports and sold me the FARNESE wines at the time? You never know? It all ties together and comes together at the oddest times. I love this about life and wine and people and art : you just never know?!? There's always the wonderful chance of a serendipitous moment and I must say that I live for that. I really do. So, even though we were not drinking the FARNESE Italian wines here in Sidney, Australia they were still on the stage with us. Nice. ... ... /// I will include a picture here soon of Jim Stutsman that has recently brought the FARNESE wines back into my attention. I will call our Palm Bay importer rep and ask him to pull some fresh and current samples of the wines for Michel Dumas and me ( Anthony Quinn ) to try. That will be a welcome event for me as it has been awhile since I tried them. I am thinking that the last taste I had was of some of the Pecorino dry white? So Arielle Monaco of the Country Vintner, you can expect a call from me, perhaps even later today when I get to work this Saturday, May 25th, 2013 as we start our Memorial Day Weekend here in northern Virginia and Washington D.C. and all over our country of course. Cheers, stay tuned for more and enjoy your first dip in the pool or the oceans and lakes as it's official now : time to enjoy some more FARNESE Italian wines and the water, too. Cheers, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn PS : listen to my wine podcast with Malcolm Riddle. The link is here on the right of this blog entry : click it on and be off on a wine,life, art adventure with Malcolm and me. TONY ...

No comments: