Sunday, April 7, 2013

Frederick Corriher Comes To Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits To Try His " New " French Selection Of Wines Having Left Working For The Robert Kacher Portfolio Team : Cheers & Bravo Frederick!

This was a very fun, serendipitous wine-tasting with Frederick Corriher and Chris Bartha ( of his own company called UltraWein ), his local wine rep here in Washington D.C. , N.W. 20008 at 3423 Connecticut Avenue, 202-363-4265 , anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwine.com. I had not tasted the wines yet and so this was a thrill for me. I had met Frederick before as I used to sell wines to his father Fred Corriher when he used to buy wines from Sidney Moore at the Mayflower Wines & Spirits back in the early to mid eighties. So I knew about Frederick and was really excited to meet him when he was working for Bobby Kacher and his own French wine selections called Robert Kacher Selections. I think we first met at Bobby's house when both Bertrand Ambroise and his daughter Ludivine Ambroise were the guests of honor at Bobby and Kelly gave them a dinner. ... ... What a dinner that was, too. I liked it so much that I blogged about it a long time ago here on chatwine. look it up and read it when you get a chance. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I just found the note that Fred Corriher ( Frederick's father ) sent Sidney Moore years ago at the Mayflower Wines & Spirits ( the small piece of paper read in black ink : CORRIHER & ASSOCIATES Textile Management Consultants P.O. Box 167 Landis, N.C. 28088 and in Fred's handwriting he wrote : Lynches Bages '83, ... Bran Cantenac , ... Lafleur , ... Gruad Larose , ... ... '82 Pichon Lalande, ... and Sidney wrote to me : Tony Mr. Corriher wants these Will pick up next time ... " Wow, what a memory this all is, and I just found this recently so I knew I could include it somewhere. FUN. ... ... ... ... ... ... These pictures I took on a Tuesday when I was working at Cleveland Park on my own. I think that Chris Bartha came in the afternoon as I was writing the store email. Michel Dumas that works with me was off. While I was tasting some of our regular customers stopped by to purchase some wine and so I asked both Julienne and the other lady pictured here to taste with us. Somehow Regis of his own company Roanoke Imports also managed to stop by and so he is also pictured here in some of these photos. ... ... ... ... We later did our first in-store / wine-tasting with both Frederick Corriher ( his company is called ROUTE DES VINS ) and Chris Bartha at the store with some of these wines and it was a huge success. It was the first in-store/ wine-tasting , and the first order sold in Washington D.C. of Frederick's wines : and it was a huge success! We still have some of the wines for sale including an exceptional 2007 Chateauneuf-Du-Pape On Special for $39.99 a bottle I believe? ... ... ... ... ... ... I will write more about all of these excellent wines when I am back at the store. It is now Sunday night at 11:11PM and I will post this now " as is " and finish it later this week. I want you all to enjoy these pictures in the meantime. Have a great week. It's now the end of 4/7/13 and Monday is just a few minutes away. Cheers, merci Frederick et Chris, et a la prochaine! Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn ... ...

No comments: