Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Anthony Quinn's Art Work _ A Line Drawing : A Really Early Sketch Done In Paris, France in 1979!



... ... ... ... I did this so long ago and it was inspired by my thinking. gut-feeling, need to be, wanting to be, treasuring the possibility, celebrating the act of ... stepping aside and away from the group and existing in harmony with them, with my girlfriend at the time - now my wife - and not having to be " in a group " to find my identity, happiness, meaning, raison-d'etre, ... waving " good bye ", yet all in the spirit of : live and let live. Heavy, I know, but then I was in my mid to early twenties. FUNNY, nothing has changed. Love you all, enjoy this early line drawing of mine. Cheers, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn This is, of course, on my chatwine blog and I will tell you that while in Paris, France in the seventies that I shopped at the Caves de la Madeleine of British owner Steven Spurriewr, I interviewed him for my college newspaper at Randolph-Macon in Ashland, Virginia, took his first wine-tasting class at the Academie du Vin next to his store ( his office was right upstairs where I interviewed him ) with Americans Patricia Gallagher and Jon Winroth. What a grand adventure that was. Learned first about the dry white wines of the Jura back in 1973 0r 74 I believe it was. Take care, TONY Listen to my podcast with Malcolm Riddle on art and wine, film and food, retailers and sommeliers, etcetera. Happy Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 here in northern Virginia before I start work selling more wines. The link to the podcast is to the right of this story when you click it on.

No comments: