Friday, April 19, 2013

Anthony Quinn Driving To Nova Padua In Late June, 2012 : Like Driving In Tuscany, Italy : No Better Wine Route Possible?!? I Was In Brasil!


... ... ... ... It's hard to say and yet this may have been one of the very most profound and inspirational wine drives that I have taken in years. Imagine my surprise and wanting to pinch myself repeatedly to be sure that I was in fact having this incredible experience, like a wonderful epiphany that was washing over me and it was happening here less than a week ago in a small Fiat stick-shift ( that I was lucky enough to not be driving ) that gave me the perfect time to take pictures and look both to my right and my front and in straight of me on a winding road on a beautiful warm winter's afternoon in southern Brasil in one of the most important wine regions there ( Vale Dos Vinhedos ) and driving towards the town of Nova Padua that still speaks Italian as well as Portuguese even though they are into their fifth generation already! ... ... ... ... I had already been down this route once about a week prior and though I found it really compelling then I absolutely fell this time head-over-heels in love with it on this second trip. I kept thinking of the trip that my daughter and I had taken three years ago when in Tuscany, Italy and the same spell and magic then was now again washing and bathing and rejuvenating, impressing, playing to me, singing, chanting, soothing and rocking and comforting me and taking me to heights and places in my own thinking and imagination that were about as real and as intense and as immediate and magical as ever conceivably possible. ... ... ... ... This was grand, this was a spell, this was a rush and a time that was as bright and entrancing and filled to the max with as many sensory sensations as I could really handle and they just came on coming, one after the other.

Many of my observations were now all coming together as I had already seen many of the sights and the vineyards, the plants, the blooming and flowering orange trees, the faded and matted dried brown, dead Hydrangea bushes, the lush and verdant green carpet of growth 'twixt the vines, the mostly brown and gnarled grape vines, the climbs and mounting rows up to the highest heights of the rolling hills there, the lush and deep greens of the tall trees as they rose up and covered the hills, the small houses and the pastel colors on their sides, the cars and the many signs, the animals, too : so much to take in all at once. Fortunately for me this was my second sweep through this verdant and lush Brazilian countryside!
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... It's almost been a year since I went to Brazil and I look forward to returning as I feel I have just rekindled my flame/love-affair with Brazil! I have many photos to add here tonight but will post this now " as is " as I am really behind and I need to make these observations of mine available to you all. Cheers, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn Check out my podcast here on the Home Page of Chatwine : I am talking about wine , past, present and the possible future. Take care, obregago para tudos, ola ... bom dia ... TONY ... ... ... ... ... ... /AAAAAAAAtkc/wo4SxV4sm0k/s1600/P1340889.JPG" imageanchor="1" >e This was a wonderful moment for me and I enjoyed the whole experience and am thrilled to know that a town still exists in Brazil's wine country that speaks Italian as well as Portuguese and pays homage to it;s Italian roots ( Veneto and Trento ) as well as to Brazil. That's about as special as anything ever gets. So profound, so personal, so human and honest. It's a story I love that I heard from Clovis Boscato and that I will treasure always , as well as these two drives down this road that got me to Nova Padua and pleased me so much that I could see returning there and opening an bed and breakfast for people wanting to discover the full beauty and harmony, magic and special aspects of this small niche that will I believe soon be discovered and enjoyed by many in the world. I am glad I have see and enjoyed it before that as it is now quite tranquil lovely and still quite pristine. Cheers, TONY ... ... It's now quite the beautiful day here in northern Virginia as I add these pictures and some more comments before posting it now on Sunday April 21st, 2013 here in the afternoon. Take care, bom dia, ola e obregado para tudos ...

No comments: