Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Fran Kysela Mondovino Wine-Tasting Monday, Feb 27th, 2012 W/ CHATEAU SUAU Husband & Wife Owners & Friend & Old Rep Ken Loren





What a fine event early last year on Monday afternoon , February 27th 2012 when I drove to Winchester to see some of my " new " favorite wine owners/makers and to see Fran Kysela's " new " warehouse on a Monday my day-off from work. It was a beautiful day and it was a great drive to-and-from this gloriously-fun and entertaining and indulgent moment. I indulged myself, yes I did, I had a blast. I really relaxed and did a tour of the new warehouse and sampled a number of wines like these fine Bordeaux wines made by CHATEAU SAUA with the husband and wife owners. It was a treat for me the whole experience and tasting these towards the end of the event was nice and gave me chance to taste and to reflect a bit on the whole experience before driving home. I saw Ken Loren and I asked Doug Rosen of Arrow Wines if he wanted to drive home with me? at first he said " Yes " and then I think that he decided to stay over the night and have dinner with the remaining people, owners and winemakers there. I was so saturated from all the sensory stimulation that I was done-in and do not believe that I could have enjoyed any more and then get up early and drive straight to work? Non, no : too difficult. Better to drive home and get a good night's sleep and go to work and be excited to start the week after such a grand affair. Thanks everyone : Jeremy, Fran, Devon, ... everyone. Enjoy these pictures I have taken and try some of the wines. Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn Jeremy, I need for you to send me a case of the white Bordeaux : I am all out and a male customer keeps asking me for it! Cheers ...



Ken, you look absolutely " marvelous ", to use the old Billy Crystal line on Saturday Night Live. It was good to see you after all these years and your dropping by Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits to sell me some of the " very first " Georgian wines to get to the Washington D.C. area , and which sold quite well. You were a trend-setter : as the wines are selling fabulously now. You do know all this, don't you? Thanks for your part in all of this Ken : I appreciate it all. You sold me many other wines as well : and for all that I thank you as I know you also brought me many of the very fine Finger Lake wines of New York and that was and still is a great addition to us at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits at 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 , anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwines.com , that I still manage after 13 years! Cheers, TONY



No comments: