Friday, February 22, 2013

Hugh Hamilton Chez Nous, 2011(?) With 1996 PERRIN Reserve dry red Cotes Du Rhone... Wonderful Times, Wonderful Wine!

This was a great serendipitous week for me with friend and owner Hugh Hamilton a year or more ago when he popped into Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits unannounced! It was great to see you Hugh! I think that I was typing the store email on the Tuesday morning that you dropped by?!? Yes, I think that that is correct.
These are pictures from the two in-store / wine-tastings that you did of your wines that week : as well as pictures from the lovely evening that we spent later at our house and shared a bottle that I had guarded forever since 2000 of the Reserve Cotes Du Rhone 2006 PERRIN French red that owner Jacques ( is that right? , one of the two brothers ? ) had signed when I met him briefly at MacArthur Beverages in late 1999 was it? I believe so.
Anyway, the 2006 PERRIN Reserve Cotes Du Rhone red was still delicious and Hugh, my wife and I spoke of many things that night like the indigenous red grape variety that he now plants and makes small batches of : Saperavi, a grape from Georgia! Who would have ever thunk ?!? Cheers Hugh, great to have seen and been with you : you are always welcome anytime! TONY
Enjoy these photos, I will write more if I get time, TONY











No comments: