Tuesday, February 19, 2013

BOSCATO Vinhos Finos Of Nova Padua With Owner Clovis Boscato In Late June 2012

This was quite the visit. I was blown away and it was with both owner Clovis Boscato and his really fine Brazilian wines that he makes in the small and beautiful town called Nova Padua. I visited there this past June, 2012 deep in Brazil's winter months which I found really pleasing and very agreeable and most welcoming, too. It was such a treat for me to return having not been there since a young child of eight back in 1964 or 1965? It's been so long now that it is hard to remember exactly when I left with my family with my father working for the American Embassy when Brazilia became the capitol of Brazil. What a homecoming it was for me : ten glorious days in Brazil deep in it's wine country. I visited BOSCATO Vinhos Finos twice in late June, 2012 and loved both visits. Both made strong impacts on me and left me with a wealth of memories and extraordinary experiences that I am just about to begin sharing with you all. I came away with a really strong sense of Clovis Boscato the owner himself as with one of his wife, Ines, too. I also came away with a very strong connection to his wines and their fruit-forward, lush, ripe and unctuous wines. I also gained a love for this region of Nova Padua and the beauty of it's rolling, undulating and welcoming terrain that reminded me so very much of the one time I was in Tuscany back in 2009 was it with my daughter? Wow, I have books and separate long chapters to write on all of these fascinating points! I just do not have enough time to do it all. Oh well, I can still try, can't I?!? I like to start by saying that I first discovered the BOSCATO Vinhos Finos wines the night of our arrival in the wine town of Bento Goncalves at the Hotel Vittoria Dall'Onder when Milton Sebbem recommended that we enjoy it with our first meal in Brazil!

No comments: