Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Tasting The ISOLE E OLENA Italian Tuscan " Cepparello " 2007 Red W/ Arielle Monaco /July 6th, 2012 Friday Night @ 8:40PM : Cheers!

This was a great moment to taste the 2007 dry red Italian Tuscan wine of ISOLE E OLENA that is one of their crowning achievements in winemaking. It's a wonder to enjoy alongside a flavorful meal.
I was lucky enough to try it back in mid 2012 with our fine rep Arielle Monaco of the Country Vintners based now in Ashland, Virginia, the home of my alma mater Randolph-Macon College that I graduated from in 1976 with a Bachelor of Arts in Poetry and Art, Reading and Writing : that has served me really well since.
i am glad to have had a chance to revisit the Cepparello 2007 once again as the last time might have been, in fact with the owner Paolo when he visited with David Bryant so many years ago, brought to the store by Chris Pigott that was then our Country Vintner rep that, too was amazing and that I miss so much these days. Hello Chris wherever you are or may be! Come and see me at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and say " caio " as it has been so many years.
I will post this blog now " as is " and add to it as I have the time. For the meantime enjoy these pictures. The color of the wine is amazing!
I am going now to my office to find an old catalogue that I got years ago when we first sold these wines at the Mayflower Wines & Spirits in Washington D.C. that was located at the corner of M Streets and New Hampshire Avenues. I believe that then we were the very first to offer the ISOLE E OLENA wines through Sidney's Moore's parent that lived in Florence, Tuscany at the time : Aaron and Helen Millman. That was back in the early eighties when the business was just beginning and the canvas was still largely white and untouched. I use this image as I am an artist and a painter and I am very visual. Cheers and stay-tuned for more. It is now Wednesday night here at home in northern Virginia on January 9th, 2013. Take care, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn





No comments: