Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sam Anderson, 2012, Pours 2008 CH. RECOUGNE, Bordeaux Superieure,CH. BOUTISSE St. Emilion 2009 Grand Cru, CH. LYONNAT "Emotion" 2009


It was great to see Sam Anderson once again since I have known him pretty much the whole time I have been in the wine business here in Washington D.C. I'd say as far back as 1984 or 1985? He used to be the wine manager of Continental Liquors under Ed Tauber and I used to be the American wine buyer back at the Mayflower Wines & Spirits working for owners Sidney Moore and Michael Downey.

We started a wine group way back then with Doug Rosen and Michael Lamay and one or two others. I should remember but for the life of me now I cannot! Oh well, it was great to see you Sam the other day and try a series of four of your current dry red Bordeaux wines at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com, also on Facebook at : Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and on Twitter at : cpwinespirits ).




Ean Bond that works with me at the store and I tasted these selections with Sam and Steven and we enjoyed them very much. We have I believe bought them all and they are currently available in the store for purchase. They also all reflect very good value.




For years we have sold the CHATEAU RECOUGNE ( 2008 being the current vintage, $14.99 ) as we started buying it years ago from Dan Kravitz the owner / president of Hand Picked Selections. He sold us the wonderful 1982 vintage and that is where I remember the wine the most. The 2008 is flavorful and balanced and needs a meal to flesh it out and we are thrilled to have it. Dan Kravitz represented it for many years. I am sorry that he does not still have it. I buy it in part because of the association with Dan. Like him, even though we rarely see each other ( the same with Sam ), we are old friends and acquaintances and have shared many good times over the years and selling the CHATEAU RECOUGNE brings some of them back to me. I love the association, really I do. I'm an old softy - a sentimental kind of guy. Oh well, it could be worse!



I will post this now " as is " and continue to write more as time permits. I have more to add. In the meantime enjoy this and these artsy pictures ( I am an artist ) and stay-tuned for more. Cheers, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn





















No comments: