Saturday, March 3, 2012

Roberta Ohoi Tastes The Rodney Strong Sauvignon Blanc " Charlotte's Home " Northern Sonoma 2010 ( $19.99 ) In 2012/ Thanks To Bill Holland 7/15/95



I have to say that I was really impressed with this bottle of the RODNEY STRONG " Charlotte's Home " Sauvignon Blanc ( $19.99 ) that our Washington Wholesale rep Roberta brought Ean and me to taste the other day at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwine.com also on Facebook at : Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and on Twitter now at : cpwinespirits ).

This RODNEY STRONG Sauvignon Blanc was fresh and lively and bright and not heavy anc cloying and a real delight to sip and enjoy. I have now tasted it twice as Roberta returned to our store to taste it with customers perhaps three weeks later on a weekend in late February, 2012. People liked it then and bought it and it's a pleasure to have it for sale in our store as it is an excellent example of Sauvignon Blanc done right in California and at a really affordable price. The winemakers never lose sight of the fresh fruit which they started and it remains front and center throughout. Bravo to them for not overworking or producing it : simply letting it's charm and more lovely and subtle flavors weave their own magic without much outside help. I like that, I like that a lot. Restraint and knowing when to add or tweak and not rushing ahead. Bravo.




Years ago when I worked for Forman Brothers my father and I were invited to a private lunch at RODNEY STRONG and it was just the two of us with the staff of RODNEY STRONG. It was a delightful lunch and they did everything to make my Dad and I feel comfortable and welcome. I will always remember that visit and tour fondly. I have pictures from the tour and will include them in a future chatwine blog. That was before digital photos and so I have to copy them here when I get some time.

Funny, we did not meet Rodney Strong until we were leaving after this great tour. He was walking into the offices and we were walking out and we had a chance to stop and chat briefly for a few minutes. That was nice. I'm glad that happened. Just our good fortune.

I just looked around for my old cards from this trip and voila I found the one I needed that dates back to the period of July 15-20th, 1995 when my father Harry Alan Quinn and I visited the RODNEY STRONG Vineyard ( 1145 Old Redwood Highway, P.o. Box 368, Windsor, California, 95492 707-431-1533 Fax : 707-433-8635 ( there was no email or web page address on the card ) and Bill Holland ( manager, visitor center ) took care of us so well. Thanks Bill, this was a great visit and I appreciate it.

I will finish the rest of this blog of Roberta Ohoi's visit to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits a bit later but will post this " as is " as I am glad to get this out as my father's birthday was just this past week and I am thinking of both him and my mother as well as I just celebrated hers, too this past weekend.




It's now Wednesday, March 14th, 2012 at 11:01 PM and it's now in the seventies or even eighties and all is well, warm, sunshine everywhere with clear baby-blue skies above and it's time for me head off to work. Cheers and stay-tuned for more. Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn




P.S. Being an artist I like to take lots of artsy photos. Hope you enjoy them.











No comments: