Friday, February 24, 2012

2012 Regis Of Roanoke Imports Tastes PETER FRANUS California Wines ( 4 Reds, 1 White )With Cleveland Park Wines N.W. Wash. D.C. Customers On Weekend



It's always great to get Regis of Roanoke Imports into the store. he always brings us high-quality wines that are often expensive but always worth the selling price if not more. We never have to worry about quality from Regis and this tasting of the PETER FRANUS California wines was " no exception ". We had just done an in-store wine-tasting with owner Peter Franus of his own winery a week ago, that prior Monday I believe. Regis was on our tasting calendar for this following Saturday I believe and so we revisited this excellent PETER FRANUS California wine-tasting of four reds and one dry white. I was once again blown away by the consistent quality, balance, finesse, flavor, flesh and romance of all of the wines. Yes, the romance as they were all elegant and flavorful and quite romantic, too. That's a great thing : they could be enjoyed just about any time at all, with some food if possible. Also all by themselves at least for the first glass and way into the second one before food would be summoned!




I have known Regis quite well now for ten or so years. Our paths have continued to cross regularly over these last few years, especially now for the last three years. It has been a great working relationship as he has often brought us the wines first and opened them here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwines.com also on Facebook at : Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and on Twitter at : cpwinespirits ) before going down to Palena and then onto other stores as well. I have greatly appreciated this and want to thank you for this treat and honor Regis. Thank you very much.




We always have children with their parents and along with the dogs that visit, too this can make for a very animated and fun wine-tasting. Tonight was no exception.




I have lots to add about these wines shortly but for the moment I will post this " as is " and then add my notes when I get to the store as I am home now. In the meantime enjoy these pictures and stay-tuned for much more. As I said all the wines were excellent : we sold some of all five and were even able to continue tasting the wines later after Regis left. All in all the event was spectacular and the wines shone. I enjoyed them all very much.

Cheers and thanks Peter for doing such an excellent job with your wines. I am sorry that I was unable to meet you that Monday night on my day-off but family is important, too and I do enjoy spending the time I can with them. I hope to catch you on your next visit. Thanks Regis. Cheers, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn




No comments: