Friday, November 18, 2011

Jim Reeves Comete Wines/ Jean-Marie Garnier Selections French Small Burgundy & Maison GUYOT Rhone Wines @ Cleveland Park Wines Oct.-Nov. 2011


I should have already posted this about Jim Reeves that has a small and excellent selection of French wines mainly from Burgundy and the Rhone Valley called Comete Wines / Jean-Marie Garnier Burgundy Selections and Maison GUYOT Rhone wines. I will have to get all the information posted here. These pictures are from Jim's third visit I believe in October or November of 2011 to Cleveland Park Wines. For now this is simply a pictorial overview of our interaction with Jim over the last six months.


Theresa Morrison pictured above of her own import company with her husband John Morrison ( 34 South - Boutique Wines ) sells Jim's wines in Maryland and so was here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwine.com , also now on Facebook at : Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and on Twitter at : cpwinespirits ) to taste Jim's selections that he was proposing for the store this end of 2011.

We sampled 1) a Ballorin 2005 Marsannay 2005 red, a 2) Bourgogne Hautes Cotes De Nuits 2007 , 3) a Bourgogne Ballarin Pinot Noir, a 4) Ladoix 1er Cru 2005, a 5) Cotes De Nuits-Villages Vieille Vignes 2006 and a 6) Bourgogne Haute Cotes De Beaune 2006. As I said more info to follow.



John, one of our good customers joined Ean and me in tasting these wines of Jim's with Theresa. It was a good selection. I am looking at one bottle now as I type : the Maison GUYOT Saint Joseph Grande Reserve northern Rhone Syrah dry red that I plan to enjoy this weekend at Christmas with family and friends. WE bought the Crozes-Hermitages 2007 and are already sold-out Jim so I will have to order more from you really soon. This Saint Joseph 2007 ( great French Rhone vintage ) will sell for around $25 a bottle. I may buy some of that, too once I try it this weekend JIm and will let you know after Christmas.


Look at that beautiful color above. On this visit to us Jim brought a selection of both red, white burgundies as well as a couple of red Rhones. It was plenty to absorb in a short period of time and from it and the previous two tastings/visits of Jim's we were able to jive Jim orders for both a regular Chablis as well as a Premier Cru producer ( both the same maison ), two or three red burgundies including an excellent Marsannay 100% Pinot Noir and the GUYOT Crozes-Hermitages.


I will fill-in the other details of names, prices and vintages really soon. It is our busy holiday season of 2011 with Honukkah starting at midnight tonight ( Tuesday, December 20th, 2011 ) and so I have very little time to do this now. I will complete it in January of 2012. In the meantime enjoy these pictures here of our last tasting with Jim Reeves at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits here in our nation's capitol.


I think the pictures themselves tell a fun and intriguing story that is a bit of a challenge to unravel when looking at the. Have a good time trying.


LOve looking at that red color of burgundy above as seen through the ceiling lights above. Nice. Being an artist myself this kind of thing appeals greatly to me as I search always for a new and fun and hopefully more interesting angle to capture moments.


I like seeing you above Jim as seen through one of your own wines in our Reidel glasses.


I think that both John and Theresa were happy to taste Jim's wines? They both seemed to have their favorites.


Thanks for all your time and efforts Jim : we/ I do appreciate it and we are happy to work with you.

The picture above shows some of the wines we tasted and gives a bit more information. Enlarge it on your monitor to see the details better. Cheers, and happy holidays 2011 and Happy New Year 2012 to one and to all! Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn

No comments: