Thursday, October 27, 2011

Jaunt Down Memory Lane 2006 / Who Do You Recognize Here Of These Wine-Makers / Wine Owners / Wine Reps That Came To Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ?


This is Lewis the wine-maker at the RECANATI vineyard in Israel. he came and poured his wines for us back in 2006 I believe. I blogged about it here on chatwine. What a great event that was. Pascal Salvadorie pictured here in a photo below with another colleague from Palm Bay Imports brought Lewis to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwine.com , also now on Facebook at : Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and on Twitter at : cpwinespirits ).


Pictured here are many of the various wine tastings that we have had at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. Everyone is always welcome. Any wine-maker or wine owner never needs an appointment and I make it a point to bring everyone together and to introduce everyone. I especially like to make introductions between our customers and the owners and the wine-makers. Often our customers have been to the vineyards themselves and the tasting rooms but it is not until they are here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits that they actually meet the owner or the wine-maker - or both. That brings me a whole lot of satisfaction. It's nice to put the pieces together wherever we can and to include as many people as possible.

After all : THIS is our moment, it's the only moment that is shared by us and the only moment that we can really experience - and should experience - fully - joyously -

So I am glad to be a small part in all of this.

When asked by Cathie years ago what I did I responded that I was the " wine-enabler " and I still believe that to this very moment here in northern Virginia where I live and am tapping away madly before starting work on this Tuesday morning of November 1st, 2011 at 8:57AM. It's cold by the way here today! Brrr ...


There's Pascal above. We have know each other having worked together back in 1986 and 1987 I believe it was together at Laurent Selections with Alan Cohen, Laurent Vonderheyden and Linda and Susan in the office and Ed in the warehouse in Bladensburg, Maryland. That's awhile back ...


Some Aussie red sparkling bubbly anyone? Pictured above and beautifully attired is the owner himself on the right holding his bottle.


Me with Lewis of RECANATI. My daughter loved Lewis' Chardonnay that I am holding a bottle of.




Me and two ladies selling to me : the one on my right from the United States and the one to my left from Brazil. Beautiful ladies, beautiful smiles. They work with Alan Cohen and his company called LVDH. I have bought their wines from Chile and sold them at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits here in Washington D.C. Need to buy some more.




That's Michael Havens pictured on the right from his own HAVENS winery in California that made excellent Merlot and also excellent white Albarino, too.


Nothing like great sparkling cremant de Bourgogne with the two owners, husband and wife pictured above. I need to buy some again. We are all temporarily sold-out now.


Laurent Givry pictured above in the yellow sweater that imports these DOMAINE TRIPOZ sparkling cremant de Bourgogne as well as their excellent Pouilly Fuisse and their equally excellent Saint Veran non-sparkling dry whites. Mike Martin that used to work with me is pictured on the far left. I'm on the far right. Cheers ...


Manuel of Kysela Pere et Fils in the center with an Aussie wine-maker to his left.


A French wine-maker of top-flight cru Beaujolais. Gotta love it : excellent wine.

I'm going to post this now " as is " and continue it later. Enjoy the pictures. They speak volumes all by themselves and speak of the past and lots of good times, too. Cheers, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn ...

It's time for work. A bientot mes cheres amis ...






























Take a look at all these photos and see who you know / recognize? It never stops to amaze me how many interesting, talented and really fine people have come to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits since I have managed the wine department since 2000. The nice thing is that I have the pictures in many cases to remind me / us of this. Cheers, TONY

No comments: