Saturday, September 10, 2011

ZOE Means Life In Greek / A Dry Rose 2010 ( $16.99 ) SKOURAS Red Saint George & Moschofilero Blend Of Indigenous Grapes/ Captivatingly Rich Color!


This is a really good picture of you Marcie Weinstein : I pretty much really do love it. Congratulations : hope you like it as much as I do.

The ZOE dry red blend from SKOURAS is pretty amazing and I am thrilled to have it at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com, www.clevelandparkwine.com, anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwine.com, also now on Facebook at : Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and on Twitter at : cpwinespirits ) here in our nation's capitol. I bought a case recently and have been selling it well and putting some in the cold box/cooler for people to buy already chilled and ready to drink as well as warm off our display of mostly dry rose wines from all around the world. It sells for $16.99 and we are now all sold out. I will have to get you to add that to our order for the first week of October, 2011 if I have not already Marcie.




Just look at that color will you?!? Pretty amazing if you ask me. Makes me want to have a sip right now as I am typing away at this blog posting and it is already 10:57PM here at my home in northern Virginia and I am working pretty much now on " empty ". Oh well, I do most of my best work working on what I call empty!






This past week one of our regular customers came back and asked me if I had any more ZOE? I looked at her and smiled and said that " of course " I did. Little did I remember that recently she bought some from me and that I was beginning to run low. She told me that a recent family member of hers is named " ZOE " and that her relatives were all thrilled to discover both the wine and that they really liked it, too. She told them all that the wine could be purchased here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and she wondered if any of them had already been here in search of the wine? I told her that I could not be sure one way or the other. Anyway this lady bought me out on this visit and so we will need more really soon Marcie.





It's got such great color and is so flavorful and pleasing, too. It's very enjoyable all on it's own. I think it will be welcome in the store even when the temperatures start to drop and it feels cooler. It will still work with many food selections and please people all on it's own as they sit outside on cooler days and evenings and perhaps continue to grill their food outside in the cold. The color alone will warm them up as they look into their glasses.





This is a very successful blend of the two Greek indigenous grapes of Moscofilero and Saint George. It feels good to have a really good Greek dry rose as part of our selection of quality dry roses in our Cleveland Park neighborhood.





Just tonight I had a brunette female customer come in asking my advice and telling me that she was making a Greek dish and would welcome a good Greek wine if there was such a thing? She said that her experience with Greek wines ten years or so ago was quite disappointing. I told her that we sold lots of Greek wines and that they were all quite excellent and that I recommended them without reservation. I went in search of a red dry version of the Saint George or Agiorgitiko indigenous grape variety to have with her meal and found her one costing $12.49 a bottle I believe? I will include the name tomorrow when I am back at the store.


I know she will be quite happy with my selection and look forward to hearing from her soon. Too bad I did not have this ZOE dry rose to have recommended to her as it's deep rose color would have mirrored the beautiful deep red dress and matching earrings that she was wearing this evening. I complemented her on them both and she said that it was not by accident that she had chose them as I quickly nodded that I knew this already as we both smiled at one another.





I will add more to this blog soon but will post it now " as is " and give you all a chance to enjoy these pictures that I took awhile back with my artist's eyes. Cheers and " zoe / life " to you all. TONY






The person above on the left side of the glass is Sotiris Bafitis that single-handedly assured a bright and rosy future and place for Greek wines here in the Washington D.C. metropolitan region when he first made the wine list at Zaytinya restaurant on 9th Street N.W. Washington D.C. 10 or so years ago. Thanks Sotiris. Of course many other people contributed and added to this over the years and so everyone from Aris Zizzis and Gus Kaleris the owner of Constantine Wines in Maryland and Yanni the owner of Dionysos Imports in Virginia ( and many others including those in New York city ) should all be given a big round of applause. Peter Anastopolos that used to manage Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits before I took over already had a very healthy selection of Greek wines that I have added to over the years making our store perhaps the most important single store with the largest selection of Greek wines available for purchase and I fear that very few people know this. Oh well, let's get the word out will you?!? Stop on by and check this out for yourselves will you?!?





As I said I will add to this blog entry as I have time. Cheers and thanks in the meantime. TONY




I love this last swirl of lush Greek rose color around the edges of this Reidel wine-tasting glass. Looks like a Greek dancer to me. Love it I really do. I can feel the power and the warmth and the majesty and the theater of it all - Greek life and passion and I can also see Anthony Quinn now as he was as a younger actor in the black-and-white movie : " Zorba The Greek " from the 1950's I believe at the end of the movie teaching his good friend the English poet how to dance on the beaches of Greece after witnessing first-hand their failed business venture fall apart/ break apart/roll off into the sea and be swallowed up by it! Time to dance, time to make merry, time to embrace Zoe then just like it is now. Cheers.

No comments: