Saturday, September 10, 2011

ROZES Gold Label Portuguese Port Tasted With Francois Hurtel Of VRANKEN/POMMERY In 2011 @ Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits in N.W. Washington D.C.



We have bought the red and white bottle of the ROZES Poruguese port but never the gold bottle. Why is this? I will have to confer with Francois Hurtel about this? I simply cannot remember why now as I type this late on / or now really early on Friday morning here at home on September 30th, 2011 as we all get ready to usher in the month of October, 2011 and say " good bye " to the month of September. It's 12:10AM now on Friday morning and I am getting ready to go on upstairs to bed and get a good night's rest as I have a very busy end to this weekend which will stretch way into late on Saturday night when I close the store at 9PM. Yikes : that's two long days still to go. Oh well, I'll make it, really I will.

I just found out that Francois Hurtel no longer works for VRANKEN / POMMERY : that they let : " him go, and in December in the holiday season and with his wife pregnant " a friend related to me this past week at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwine.com also on Facebook now at : Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and on Twitter at : cpwinespirits ). SHOCKING! And according to this person : " and he hit all his numbers! ". That means he matched all his goals that they wanted.

From my humble perspective of having been in this business now for thirty-plus years : I buy from the people that I like to do business with. I liked doing business with Francois. He was always direct and helpful and met me " in between " where we both could to help one another out. He was and is a " straight shooter " and I will have to look closely at whoever comes to our Cleveland Park N.W. Washington D.C. neighborhood here in our nation's capitol next year. I will probably not have the same connections or feeling of confidence/ of having worked well together with whoever this might be that I have nurtured and built with Francois for years ever since he came to us many, MANY moons ago with the PIERRE FERRAND cognacs.

Oh well, I was going to ask Francois about the " gold " ROZES as I cannot remember much about it now. We may sell it, we may not. I LOVE the " white " bottle and will continue with that. NOW FRANKEN/POMMERY will have to work quadruple hard to keep their wines at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits in 2012 comme vous avez vraiment tromper quand vous avez metez Francois a la porte. Pas bien ca. vraiment pas bien messieurs. Est ce que il y a quelq'un chez vous qui peut bien repondre a cette unjustice grave?!? J'attends votre reponse ... It's now Sunday night here as I post this on January 29th, 2012. Cheers et merci Francois pour tout ce que tu a bien fait pour nous.

Beautiful golden color to this port above. Being an artist I notice things like that. Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn



No comments: